Just watched the CNBC documentary with NCL

I know it aired in 2009 and I'm certain there was a thread here a while back, but thought I'd bring it up again.

It was very interesting and nice to see some of the ports I'll see in July (Roatan and Belize). Plus it was cool to see about how hard they have to work just to break even.

It also made me excited for the upcoming cruise!

Thought from anybody else?

I know it aired in 2009 and I'm certain there was a thread here a while back, but thought I'd bring it up again.

It was very interesting and nice to see some of the ports I'll see in July (Roatan and Belize). Plus it was cool to see about how hard they have to work just to break even.

Very informative. I don't think people realize how much it actually costs them to make sure we all enjoy ourselves. And, it is so hard to believe that the cruise lines have only really been around for about 40 years. I really enjoyed the show and hope they do another featuring a different cruise line.

Me and DW watched it and was surprised at all the work that is going on behind the scenes. Amazing what they do to please all the cruisers.

We are even more excited than we were. 21 days, wooohooooo

There's another show on the Oasis of the Seas that gives some great behind the scenes info at the port and ship. It's about the busiest day for the biggest ship. Forget the channel.

There's another on one of the RCI ships before the Oasis/Allure class (Freedom?). It's a bit older because they call it the largest passenger ship on the seas.

Like you, I found it fascinating. The profit of each sailing is calculated in real time and they adjust as needed. They pay less than half of the excursion fee to the local provider. They try to run at 105% of capacity (as calculated as double occupancy).

Do you know where I can find this documentary online?

I think I know the show sdmike is talking about. It's called "Build it Bigger". Not sure of the channel, but the host went behind the seas on the building of Liberty ots and took a cruise on Freedom ots. It's a few years old,but still very informative.

I have also seen the Samantha Brown cruising shows on the travel channel about 20 times each. I may have a little crush;):)

Once in awhile you can see cruise ships featured in a show on the Travel channel. Really gets the juices flowing!:)

The Oasis show was on TLC, I believe. Again, behind the scenes at the port mostly. There was a building of Oasis on National Geographic channel.

Here is the full show from CNBC called "Cruise, Inc." The featured ship is the Pearl

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=1139954767

Other than it will be hotter than you know where, I am sure you will enjoy your ports, especially Roatan.

Nita

Archived