fast pass tolls

Holey

Hope im posting on the right forum?........Question! When we have finished our cruise, we are hiring a car and going to the keys. I have been told to obtain a toll pass for the car before we go. I have looked on several car hire companys and cannot find the toll pass. Apparently it takes 24hrs before you leave to start using the pass. Is this true? thankyou:confused:

Hope im posting on the right forum?........Question! When we have finished our cruise, we are hiring a car and going to the keys. I have been told to obtain a toll pass for the car before we go. I have looked on several car hire companys and cannot find the toll pass. Apparently it takes 24hrs before you leave to start using the pass. Is this true? thankyou:confused:

Why not just pay cash for the tolls? There can't be that many.

Time.

Just like using EZPass on the turnpike/AC Expressway/GSP/bridges - I'd rather zip through the EZpass lane than sit in a line of cars for 45 minutes at the Delaware Memorial, wouldn't you?

Edit - here's a link for the SunPass site that talks about rental car programs: https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

Last year we flew into Miami and drove down to Key West; then Key West north. We hired two cars (as we didn't use the car around Key West) and used Budget & Hertz car rental.

Both cars came with the SunPass (toll pass) as part of the rental, the tolls were collected by credit card on our return.

Before booking online, you could always email the rental company to ask them. It was much more convenient than stopping and throwing the coins into the basket and avoided the queues at toll stations.

I rented my car from Sunshine rental I think it was and had the option to get an unlimited use of the sunshine pass for about $18. If I went through one of the tolls without agreeing to pay Sunshine rental I would be fined over $100 each time and it was on the rental agreement so I just rented the sunshine pass from them. You can buy them in Publix for $4.99 and it has $4.99 loaded on it I think it is and they are reloadable so you can just call and reload it with your phone.

Hi we are going down to the keys and you have to have pre paid tolls plus it a lot quicker.

We rented a car in Feb/11, and were told they were doing away with the "cash" option. So now everyone would need to have a sunpass card. The rental car companies ask you if you want to prepay for the toll sunpass. Now, we have no choice but to get one.

The toll booths in the greater Miami area ceased operation on Feb.11th or 12th. You will need a pass of some kind now. FYI, a $4.99 pass won't get you far, especially if you get lost as much as I did.

If you have a GPS by all means use it. There is quite a bit of construction throughout the area and the markings are very confusing.

The toll booths in the greater Miami area ceased operation on Feb.11th or 12th. You will need a pass of some kind now. FYI, a $4.99 pass won't get you far, especially if you get lost as much as I did.

If you have a GPS by all means use it. There is quite a bit of construction throughout the area and the markings are very confusing.

A few years ago, over some holiday weekend - i think Memorial Day - the toll plaza backup in the Northeast (Mass or Maine??) was several miles.

And I also noticed on the Garden State Parkway and other toll roads in New Jersey, that not having an EZ Pass would add 5-10 minutes per toll plaza to your trip...

so I went ahead and got both an EZ Pass and a Sunpass to go with my California FasTrak. I just take it with me when i head to the northeast or Florida.

Now, as pointed out above, most car rental companies offer the option of using their systems...it's only $2.50 - $5 per day (plus the tolls) if i remember correctly

Archived