Driving from mco to p.canaveral

We fly into MCO day of cruise. I have gotten google map directions; but was hoping to hear from some locals regarding possible construction/traffic hold ups in the area, or any "better routes" than offered by on-line maps. Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

This is pretty much a no-brainer. Exit the airport and go east on SR 528 (the Beachline). Just drive for about 45 minutes and follow the signs to Port Canaveral. Have $1.50 handy for tolls, because you'll need it a few miles past the airport.

I don't know when you arrive, but as of today, there are no major accidents on the road.

This is pretty much a no-brainer. Exit the airport and go east on SR 528 (the Beachline). Just drive for about 45 minutes and follow the signs to Port Canaveral. Have $1.50 handy for tolls, because you'll need it a few miles past the airport.

I don't know when you arrive, but as of today, there are no major accidents on the road.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the response. I was more concerned with construction traffic and not so much accidents. Thanks again. C.

The bridge going over Meritt Island had a truck catch fire and put the bridge out of commission a few months ago. You have to bypass the bridge by getting off, cross the street below and then get back on. Have not heard anything more about it.

The bridge going over Meritt Island had a truck catch fire and put the bridge out of commission a few months ago. You have to bypass the bridge by getting off, cross the street below and then get back on. Have not heard anything more about it.

That's nothing to be concerned about. The bridge was fixed three months ago. http://www.wftv.com/news/26851078/detail.html

Archived