Questions about the Freedom

miniflea

My family and I are considering cruising on the Freedom on the 8-day western Caribbean Thanksgiving cruise. We've cruised multiple lines in the past (3 RC, 1 NCL and 1 Carnival) so this isn't our first one, but not having been on Carnival in 7 years, we've got a couple of questions...

First, there are more sea days on this itinerary than we've had in the past (one of the draws of this cruise) but I'm curious as to how many activities they have going on during the day. While I like to relax on deck or do a little gambling, my wife and daughter love running around the ship for different activities. On the last cruise (RC), there was always something going on. One minute we'd be playing trivia against other cruisers, the next we'd be competing in a beanbag toss tournament on the other side of the ship. Does Carnival offer non-stop activities on board?

Second, has anyone done this specific cruise before? I've seen comments about rough seas between Mexico and Panama, and I'm curious as to whether or not this is normal for that area.

Between the sea days and the stops in Panama and Costa Rica, this itinerary looks awesome :-)

Thanks in advance!

I just got off an 8 day Eastern on the Freedom and we had 3 sea days. There was plenty of stuff going on, but I preferred to be out on the decks most of the day. I may have some Fun Times from our sea days, if I find 'em I'll scan it and then you can check it out. Although it's not the same cruise, its probably pretty similar. :)

I just got off an 8 day Eastern on the Freedom and we had 3 sea days. There was plenty of stuff going on, but I preferred to be out on the decks most of the day. I may have some Fun Times from our sea days, if I find 'em I'll scan it and then you can check it out. Although it's not the same cruise, its probably pretty similar. :)

Excellent, thank you!

We did this cruise last Thanksgiving. LOVED it! Great itinerary, lots of sea days, interesting ports... We went with a family group of 13, so we really didn't partake of many of the organized activities -- we preferred to just hang out together.

With that said, I salute Carnival for providing the BEST-EVER entertainment for an otherwise-quiet afternoon-at-sea. Here are some pictures...

Somewhere off the coast of Nicaragua or Honduras, we came across a fishing vessel in distress, that had apparently been disabled for a few days with little to no food & water left. The captain announced that we were stopping to render aid, and the ship launched a tender that delivered food & water. They also helped the fishing boat with some mechanical difficulties & got their engines started again. All while we watched from our balcony!

Not sure if your upcoming cruise will have anything this interesting!!!

957959230_CarnivalFreedomrescue1.jpg.a77e9215cd42fc8c633447fc71cec30e.jpg

2106840487_CarnivalFreedomrescue2.jpg.bf9883522c8155f9734812876e9cee8b.jpg

1207538841_CarnivalFreedomrescue3.jpg.decfaeb27551c790c7b3af21e705cc3e.jpg

1797915788_CarnivalFreedomrescue4.jpg.d6107cc5462aee4195fcf7447b6f2597.jpg

We did this same itinerary 2 years ago for Thanksgiving and we loved it.The price was actually cheaper than alot of 7 night cruises,I think because many dont get 9 days off in a row. It was our 1st Carnival cruise after 4 RCCL and 1 NCL cruises and we are returning to Carnival again this THanksgiving aboard the Valor. We are in our early 40s had my parents in their mid 60s and my 2 kids 11 and 14 with us.Most of the group was worried about the dreaded party boat stigma that CCL has but they were all pleasantly suprised and for what we saved vs. the other lines it made sence.There was allways something going on as I am not a sit by the pool kinda guy,I dont remember ever being bored.If you get a chance do the Behind the Fun tour ,it was awesome and worth every penny.Have fun!

We did this itinerary last month and loved it! We were with our two boys (9 and 10) so we spent a lot of time doing mini golf, basketball, volleyball, etc. I remember there being trivia on the big screen a lot of the days as well as bean bags....we were never bored.

As far as rough waters, our sailing was very smooth, probably the least motion I've felt on a ship. But, I think it just depends on the weather the week you are sailing because I've also read it could be a rough ride at times.

Enjoy!

I just got off an 8 day Eastern on the Freedom and we had 3 sea days. There was plenty of stuff going on, but I preferred to be out on the decks most of the day. I may have some Fun Times from our sea days, if I find 'em I'll scan it and then you can check it out. :)

Would you scan and email them to me please. PJBJ75@hotmail.com T

We are going on the 8 day Eastern in October. Only 149 more days. :D

Been on Freedom twice and two excellent cruises.

Would not say they have non stop stuff to do on sea days but kept us occuppied for sure.

I felt the same way, that Carnival no longer has non stop stuff to do, but they do have about the same as RCL activities to do.

Id love to go to Panama and Costa Rica.

We'll be on this cruise the last week of September w/our 14 yr old son.

CAN NOT WAIT!

Along w/my in-laws, we own a small trucking company. It is a 24/7 business. Last year (on his first cruise) was the first time my husband was able to fully relax in several years. He knew that even if someone did call there was nothing he could do for them. Although we enjoyed the ports, the 2 sea days w/nothing to do but sit & watch the water go by were a highlight for us.

I feel the same about this cruise. Part of the reason we booked it was for the number of sea days. I am excited about the possibility of seeing the Panama Canal. But what I am looking forward to is sitting next to my husband with a good book in hand watching the water go by.

I can feel the breeze already! :D

Archived