Odyssey Deck 5 Suites

scottie920

Can anyone advise on the V1 balcony suites 502,503,504,506? As these are at the front of the ship the deck plans indicate that the verandahs are smaller than the others. Is this correct?

Also, is champagne a standard drink as on Silversea or do you only get a bottle on embarkation.

Thanks a lot.

Can anyone advise on the V1 balcony suites 502,503,504,506? As these are at the front of the ship the deck plans indicate that the verandahs are smaller than the others. Is this correct?

Yes

And they have glass only on the top half of the guard rail ??

The bottom half is steel

I did some research, and read a cruiser commented on the anchor activity in 305, but that is opposite your selections. Otherwise, I don't know.

I have said, that I will not stay in a suite with flashing on the balcony, but that is ME and many here have said it's fine and they are not bothered by it. SInce there has not been a hue and cry about it, I am sure the balconies are not substantially smaller, but I have no experience with them.

You will enjoy your cruise. Of that I am quite sure!

For many of us, even the Seabourn lifeboats are considered a great option. While some of us have a preference or two, I have never heard of a cruiser not booking a cruise based on suite availability.

The balconies on 5 deck on the large® sisters are essentially the same as those on the other decks apart from 80 cm of metal from the deck upwards to the glass partition. There is also a small amount of framing on the perimeter of each balcony.

If you have the money, go for a V2 cabin though. Midships and away from anchors is always best.

Happy cruising!

thanks all. Cruise is rather port based, I haven't actually booked these cabins but have a V guarantee and looking at the worst options as probably allocated one of these.

We always book a guarantee in the cheapest cabin. We have never actually sailed in that category. Many people are "picky" about their cabin and want the cabin number ahead of time. They book the cheapest category and take the cabin number which bumps you up. On the Odyssey we booked a V1 guarantee and ended up in a V4. On the Pride we went from the bottom balcony cabin to the owner's suite. On the Legend we went from the bottom window cabin to the top window cabin. We did not use our balcony on the Odyssey because we had smokers on both sides. We used the front hot tub deck as our balcony. We did use the balcony on the Pride. Our next cruise is on the Spirit and we once again have a guarantee in the cheapest window cabin.

Archived