Pre paying gratuities

Scorpiorose

You can just call NCL and tell them you want to apply money to your OBC and give them the info. The gratuities come out of that amount anyhow (everything is all together...daily service charge, anything purchased on the ship, excursions, drinks and so on). You can apply any amount you want to the OBC. I usually take care of everything that I'm going to spend while on the cruise and prepay it and my OBC is waiting on me when I get there to spend. :D

I'd like to prepay my gratuities but can't find where on my booking page. Help anyone??

You don't do it on the booking page. You do it through your Travel Agent. Simply tell your TA that you want to prepay your gratuities and let him/her know when you want to pay it. We had ours added to the amount of our final payment.

If you booked directly with NCL, then call NCL and let them know you want to prepay your gratuities. They'll handle it for you.

You don't do it on the booking page. You do it through your Travel Agent. Simply tell your TA that you want to prepay your gratuities and let him/her know when you want to pay it. We had ours added to the amount of our final payment.

If you booked directly with NCL, then call NCL and let them know you want to prepay your gratuities. They'll handle it for you.

Also, if you've booked with a TA and already have your cruise PIF, some times they will not do the OBC for you. So, you can directly call NCL and tell them that you are wanting to apply money to your OBC and that you booked WITH A TA and they will send you to that department to have it done. (There is a specific part of NCL that handles just the TA accounts). :)

Does anyone know if this the case for UK bookers. The booking T&C's state:

For these purposes a fixed service charge of $12 per person per day will be payable, at your discretion (children under 3 no charge) will be added to your onboard account; there is no charge for children under the age of three. The applicable service charge will be added to your booking at the time of confirmation. This charge will be shown separately on your confirmation invoice and will be payable at the same time as the balance of the holiday cost. If you do not wish to pay your service charge in this way, you may ask for it to be removed from your confirmation at the time of booking or at any time up to 2 weeks prior to departure. If you do so, the service charge will be added to your shipboard account and must be paid before departure from the ship if you cancel your booking before departure but after paying your service charge, the service charge will be refunded in full. Service charges may be subject to change. Where your service charge has been pre-paid before departure, refunds are not available onboard and you must apply for a refund, if applicable, after your return home by writing to our Guest Relations department.

So does this mean that I have already pre-paid tips and only need to tip those staff who are not included in this programme? Am I reading this correctly the service charge is discretionary (first line) but you must pay it in full (fifth line)?

Emma

The NCL reservation agent should have sent you an updated booking confirmation via email, showing the pre-paid service charge. Print out the invoice and bring it with you on your cruise. Sometimes those pre-payments don't make it onto your shipboard account, you can use the invoice as proof.

For these purposes a fixed service charge of $12 per person per day will be payable, at your discretion (children under 3 no charge) will be added to your onboard account; there is no charge for children under the age of three.

Emma

I'm confused about the children under 3. Does that mean UNDER 3 as in 2 years old. Or 3 and under are free? I will be taking my 3 year old with us on the cruise. I'm trying to figure out if there will be a service charge for her now that you said this. :confused:

I'm confused about the children under 3. Does that mean UNDER 3 as in 2 years old. Or 3 and under are free? I will be taking my 3 year old with us on the cruise. I'm trying to figure out if there will be a service charge for her now that you said this. :confused:

From NCL's FAQs:

Are service charges across the board for all guests?

All guests 3 years or older.

We just came off the Epic last week. We prepaid our gratuities as part of our final payment. It was really easy, a simple call to NCL and they were added to my bill. Very simple to do. I then tipped extra in cash only. Cash, because then the person who I am tipping gets to keep it and it doesn't go into the shared pool which is fair because I am tipping extra because of exceptional service.

Archived