Hawaii -- pride of ameria

scooterj

My family is planning this cruise for 2012. We have two sons ages 21 and 18 and being that this cruise is not so cheap we wanted to pick the best time of the year to be in Hawaii. Has anyone ever been in January and if so what is the weather like that time of year?

Great time of year to see whales as they haven't started migrating north yet. It will be pleasant, bring light jackets or cardigans/fleece as it might cool down at night. Its a great time to visit HI, as there are fewer tourists at that time of year, unless you are hitting the post holiday time.

I was there the last week of November 2010 and the weather was awesome. It was sunny almost every day, but it did rain in Kauai. The temperature was the exact same every day, right about 78 degrees. You might just Google Hawaii weather January and see what it usually is. My sense is that the weather doesn't vary too much in Hawaii.

By the way, this was my favorite cruise of the three I've done by far. I'd do it again tomorrow. Have a blast!

We are also planning a cruise in Jan - Feb 2012 and possibly a week on the beach. Since we will be leaving winter conditions, we'd like shorts weather! I too am trying to decide on a date and looking for a cruise deal too. I'll keep reading these boards for advice from the experienced posters! Thanks.

My family is planning this cruise for 2012. We have two sons ages 21 and 18 and being that this cruise is not so cheap we wanted to pick the best time of the year to be in Hawaii. Has anyone ever been in January and if so what is the weather like that time of year?

We have visited Hawaii in January, February, May, June, August and November and the weather has been great each time. We have always worn shorts and played in the ocean. We were there in Jan. and Feb. of this year, both times staying in Kauai and had numerous whale sightings on each visit. The only month we have cruised Hawaii was in June. Hawaii is beautiful and cruising is wonderful so you should have a great time.

Archived