Dec Cruise

divababy

if you're wanting to go on an dec cruise, when would you make your deposit? i would really like to know. you guys are awesome here!!!! I NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE. but reading all the posts i feel like i have!!!!

Book any cruise as soon as you think you may want to go on it. If you change your mind you will get your deposit back. It will lock in the current price and if the price should drop after you book, you can get the lowere price. If the price goes up you are at the lowersmile.gif price.

I agree with the above posts: Book and make your deposit now. The rates will only go up and the choise of rooms will go down. We booked our Christmas/New Year's cruise last Sept and the rate has already gone up $200 p/person. The holiday cruise is more expensive, but it has been our favorite with the decorations, weather, and the mood is more pleasant.

Book as soon as possible. We booked a Celebrity cruise for this November when we were on the Jewel last December. As of the middle of February the catagory cabin we booked had increased $500 PP from $1020 to $1520.

People are starting to cruise again and most lines are raising prices as cabins get sold.

divababy................a little confused, give us a little more info, like what is a fundraising cruise, is it thru a school or group and is someone doing the booking for you?

because you are asking about a deposit? A deposit is made for a cruise as soon as you know you want to go on it. The deposit holds the cabin (space) for you. Then when it is about 2 months before your cruise you have to pay the whole balance owed.

lets say you want to go on the Star in December and Princess or a travel agent tells you the fare is $800.00, you would have to make a deposit the day you book tthe trip say it is today and the deposit is $250.........................so you pay that 250 and then around the middle of October you would pay the balance of $550.

diva, it sounds as though you are part of a group cruise and in that case you really need to talk to your "organizer" for specific advice and details about that fundraising cruise. But if what you are asking is --- are they asking you for a deposit too far in advance, I'd say no --- as you can see, when we book individually we have all already paid our deposits. I booked last month for a cruise in December and the deposit was due immediately.

Archived