drydock for Radiance of the Seas happening?

hi friends, Radiance is due for big changes this month before her repositioning to Australia in October this year, but looking at her cruise calendar, there seems to be no "gap" in her busy schedule before coming downunder.

Anyone know how they can build (or reconfigure) 4 new restauarants and put in flat screens in the cabins without a drydock?

Thanks....

hi friends, Radiance is due for big changes this month before her repositioning to Australia in October this year, but looking at her cruise calendar, there seems to be no "gap" in her busy schedule before coming downunder.

Anyone know how they can build (or reconfigure) 4 new restauarants and put in flat screens in the cabins without a drydock?

Thanks....

Radiance will be going into Dry Dock on May 20th and resuming her Alaska itineraries on June 10th.

The venues being added are going into existing locations where the cooking facilities are already in place.

She is having 6 restaurants added. And the current Sports Bar is being redefined into an English Pub.

"Radiance will feature a Samba Grill where the current SeaView café currently is located, a Rita’s Cantina, an Izumi, our highly acclaimed Chef’s Table, Giovanni’s Table will replace Portofino and both the Boardwalk DogHouse and the Park Café will be added!

Does anyone know which of the new eating places on the Radiance will have an extra fee to eat there ?

From Post #3...........

Samba Grill - A nominal fee of $25.00 USD applies per dining guest, including gratuities.

Rita's Cantina - A fee of $7.95 USD applies per dining guest.

Izumi - A $3 cover fee per guest applies for lunch; a $5 cover fee per guest applies for dinner. Menu items are available on an a la carte basis.

Giovanni's Table - A $10 for lunch, a $15 for dinner per guest fee covers meal and gratuities.

Park Cafe - Food is complimentary

Chef's Table - Charge may be the same as on Oasis and Allure of $75pp.

Boardwalk Dog House - Have no idea.

Beverages at all venues - Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soda are offered at current bar menu prices.

Thankyou for the info on the additions to "Radiance". We are sailing Dec 2011 to New Zealand, and this info is realy handy.:)

From Post #3...........

Samba Grill - A nominal fee of $25.00 USD applies per dining guest, including gratuities.

Izumi - A $3 cover fee per guest applies for lunch; a $5 cover fee per guest applies for dinner. Menu items are available on an a la carte basis.

Giovanni's Table - A $10 for lunch, a $15 for dinner per guest fee covers meal and gratuities.

Chef's Table - Charge may be the same as on Oasis and Allure of $75pp.

Beverages at all venues - Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soda are offered at current bar menu prices.

Just off the Radiance and this is from the Captain......

Boardwalk Dog House will be free and will be located where the outside coffee station is located on deck 11 just outside the WJ.

I hope they keep the coffee station near by!!!!!!!

Terrific.........there goes the neighborhood!:D

From Post #3...........

Chef's Table - Charge may be the same as on Oasis and Allure of $75pp. YES it is $75.00pp

I just tried to make a reservation for my June 24th to Alaska and Ritas cafe is not yet available. Below is a list of ones that came up when I tried to reserve.

Dinner at Chops Grille

Dinner at Giovanni's Table

Mystery Dinner Theater

Dinner at Chef's Table

Dinner at Izumi

Dinner at Samba Grill

I just tried to make a reservation for my June 24th to Alaska and Ritas cafe is not yet available.

I don't think that reservations will be required for Rita's. It'll be a pay as you go type of thing.

Will they still a have chops on Radiance?

Yes

I just tried to make a reservation for my June 24th to Alaska and Ritas cafe is not yet available. Below is a list of ones that came up when I tried to reserve.

Since Rita’s Cantina is a new dining venue to Radiance, I don't know if you will need reservations or not. It might be set up just like the SeaView was. And in the location that it is going in, that would be my thought.

We are cruising on Radiance next April/May and are very interested in the changes being made on her.

I believe she entered dry dock yesterday but already had some work being done on her before she arrived!

We are disappointed that the seaview cafe is going as we both enjoying having lunch there but as we both love Mexican food I am sure that Rita's Cantina will be a more than suitable replacement!!

I have not come across Izumi before - is this an oriental buffet style restaurant?

Adam

We are cruising on Radiance next April/May and are very interested in the changes being made on her.

I believe she entered dry dock yesterday but already had some work being done on her before she arrived!

We are disappointed that the seaview cafe is going as we both enjoying having lunch there but as we both love Mexican food I am sure that Rita's Cantina will be a more than suitable replacement!!

I have not come across Izumi before - is this an oriental buffet style restaurant?

Adam

I think Izumi is japanese - The Hot Rock plates appear to be popular from what I've seen on CC.

I have found the following sample menu on the RCI website - http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/content/en_UK/pdf/IzumiMenu.pdf

Does anyone know if there are any new deck plans out for after dry-dock Radiance. I'm interested in where some of these new restaurants will be. I get descriptions, but it's very hard to picture. I know a couple of the areas will be at the back of the Windjammer in those serving areas that never got used.

Archived