Marina Report

charleylake

Easier and more dangerous! But even still I would agree that it's much better than paying as you go.

Thanks, Caribbean Sun & LHT28 for your help. I must say I would rather sign for things than always having to pull out the wallet. It seems simpler to just pay at the end of the cruise.

I see both of you are fellow Ontarians. We are in Thornhill & are travelling with a couple from Ottawa.

Cathy

This is our first Oceania cruise, so I need some help here. The other 3 lines we have cruised with used "USA" type plugs, and we needed no adapters. Are the ones on Marina "European" type? If so, which type adapter is needed? I hope I misread one of the previous posts.

This is our first Oceania cruise, so I need some help here. The other 3 lines we have cruised with used "USA" type plugs, and we needed no adapters. Are the ones on Marina "European" type? If so, which type adapter is needed? I hope I misread one of the previous posts.

Don't worry, you wont need adapters on the Marina.

Each stateroom has a number of "USA type Plugs" as you so colorfully describe 120 volt outlets.

There are also several additional 220 volt "European Style" outlets in each cabin for those clients using European electronics.

I believe that the post that must have concerned you, suggested that Americans might bring adapters with them in order to have the option of using EVERY outlet in the room.

Overkill in my humble opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
I always take a curling iron when traveling and it hasn't been confiscated yet. As a matter of fact, why would anyone confiscate a curling iron?

For the same reason they do not want you using a clothes iron in your cabin.... you might forget and leave it on, creating a very real fire hazard. As stated elsewhere in this thread (and I'm sure many others) the biggest danger at sea is fire.

Archived