c1,2 and 3 - what's the difference?

zeenichka

Greetings,

We are booked on the Equinox in concierge class. I have noticed that people are having conversations in regards to C1, C2, C3? When I made a final payment on our cruise I noticed that we are in C3. What is the difference? Where our cabin is on the ship? or???

I feel silly asking but would love a clarification. :o

Greetings,

We are booked on the Equinox in concierge class. I have noticed that people are having conversations in regards to C1, C2, C3? When I made a final payment on our cruise I noticed that we are in C3. What is the difference? Where our cabin is on the ship? or???

I feel silly asking but would love a clarification. :o

Hi Zeenichka !

The cabin interiors are virtually identical. The specific classifications (C1,C2,C3) are pretty much based on Location. The C1's are typically at the far aft of the ship. They are in particular demand on the Millennium Class ships, due to the Larger Balconies. The C2's are generally midship, and the C3's are more towards the forward and aft sections.

I hope this helps !

Thank you for your prompt response. DH had actually asked me and I just looked at him and shrugged my shoulders :) (I do that a lot)

Now I have an answer!!

Thanks Host Andy,Cruisestitch, & telecasterplayer.

We actually wanted a 'sunset verandah' on the stern, but all CC's on the stern were C1 plus 1-2 decks lower. We decided to go with C2 on the 'hump'. Interesting that the cabin next to ours was also listed as C1. I don't pretend to understand all the 'ins and outs'.

Jodie

I am not sure if anyone person can explain the full rationale of the pricing and the classification of all the categories.

For sure, Celebrity can! They have algorithms (math formulas) that measure demand for areas of the ship and Celebrity has over time adjusted the category types/pricing to reflect that demand.

Some cabins have better/larger balconies, some cabins are in specific locations on ship that people prefer, ie stern. and some are located lower and more midship for stability/walking distance.

There are also some cabin decor upgrades to the various categories, but many times, IMHO, pricing increases seem high when looked at on a daily basis and will you really use and be in your cabin that much. On port intensive sailings, we tend to not use our cabin/spend much time in our cabin.

For example, we like CC class if we can get for approx. $100/person. We can justify the extra value for what we pay.

We use to sail in what is now C1 (stern cabins of M class ships) Can't justify approx. $400/person more. That on a 7 day cruise is pretty high. Others think it is a great deal, which is why Celebrity has broken down categories and made more specific cabin categories to satisfy more passengers taste and make Celebrity more money.

Makes $ense to me. :)

Archived