Decide Later-Friends/Family Certificates

DW and I paid the reduced deposit ($100pp) and purchased the Why Not Decide Later booking while on FOS last month. We are ready to make a specific booking on Oasis. The Loyalty Ambassador gave us two (2) of the Friends & Family certificates at the time we paid our deposits last month. In order to use one of those certificates for our daughter, is she also eligible for the reduced deposit ($100) or just the OBC that comes with the certificate?...

DW and I paid the reduced deposit ($100pp) and purchased the Why Not Decide Later booking while on FOS last month. We are ready to make a specific booking on Oasis. The Loyalty Ambassador gave us two (2) of the Friends & Family certificates at the time we paid our deposits last month. In order to use one of those certificates for our daughter, is she also eligible for the reduced deposit ($100) or just the OBC that comes with the certificate?...

The original WNDL booking gets OBC and reduced deposit. The F&F certificates give only OBC.

Also, I got some F&F certificates a couple of months ago, and there was no place on the certificate to enter the booking number and name of the intended recipient of the OBC. I was advised by Royal to send the F&F certificate with a cover letter designating the intended recipient's booking info.

The original WNDL booking gets OBC and reduced deposit. The F&F certificates give only OBC.

Also, I got some F&F certificates a couple of months ago, and there was no place on the certificate to enter the booking number and name of the intended recipient of the OBC. I was advised by Royal to send the F&F certificate with a cover letter designating the intended recipient's booking info.

Ok, thanks for the info...

I sent in my certificates with a cover letter. Do I need to check the status of the OBC or just bring a copy of the certificates with me on the cruise as verification?

Thanks

I sent in my certificates with a cover letter. Do I need to check the status of the OBC or just bring a copy of the certificates with me on the cruise as verification?

Thanks

The best thing to have is the "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" showing the OBC. This is Royal's confirmation of the cruise. Even if the booking is with a travel agent, you can ask the agent for Royal's confirmation and they should provide it. I'd wait about 2 weeks after you sent the certificates before you request the confirmation. For a 7 day cruise, there should be a line that says "AD16-$100 ONBRDCR", which indicates the on board credit from a friends and family certificate.

Archived