4 days in Israel

ottawa24

Hi, We are considering taking the Celeb cruise that spends 4 days in Israel. We were booked for a Egypt/Jordan cruise but decided to cancel. However the main reason for that cruise was to visit Petra. Has anyone ever gone from Israel to Jordan and is it possible in the 4 days we have? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks

I am sure that you could get to Petra in that time frame. We lived in Cairo and "walked" into Israel and then Aqaba where we had a driver take us to Petra.

I've traveled extensively for years around the world and have seen more than I could have ever dream of seeing. Still for me, Petra is number one. It is totally amazing! We stayed at the Movenpick just outside the entrance. Even if you don't stay there, stop in for a drink. The bar area is amazingly beautiful.

With only four days, I'm sure there is enough to keep you busy in Israel, but Petra is one of those bucket list kind of places.

You could fly to Eilat, and join an organised tour from there. Or cross the border into Jordan and negotiate with a driver to take you to Petra.

www.arkia.com

Depending on which itinerary you're looking at, you'd probably be looking at flying from Tel Aviv to Eilat, and then return from Eilat to Haifa -- or vice versa. You could spend an overnight at Petra, and maybe have a little time to see Tel Aviv or Haifa (but probably not Jerusalem). And you'd be spending quite a bit of time off the ship, so be sure to let them know about your plans.

Thank you both for the info. I am really mad at myself, as we "missed" by one day the Celebrity special. It has doubled in price. So for now, we are in a holding position and hoping Celebrity putsthe sail on again. We have been to Israel and know its wonders, but Petra is in the bucket list.

I have filed away your info so if things change I have your helpful info.

Archived