Check in then leave NOLA terminal for sight seeing?

zertywert

I have never sailed out of NOLA. Can you drop your luggage with a porter, check in and then go back out and check out the riverwalk area? If not check in, can you just drop off your luggage? I am traveling with two teens who want to spend extra time in NOLA, but we have to check out of the hotel by 11:00, and we will be taking a taxi.

Thanks!!

You can drop off your luggage by 10:30 am ... but why would you not want to board and eat lunch, check out your dinner table and all that?

99% of the time Im eating lunch up in the buffet by Noon, then I go and unpack. I want the full cruise and the all I can eat lunch and do my errands.

carnival wants you onboard by 90 minutes ahead of time, have to be onboard no less than 60 minutes and dont forget you need to be there for muster/safety briefing before sail away.

I would do my sight seeing the day before.

I am totally with you. I am usually in zone 1.:) This cruise however I am sailing with my kids DD13 and DS16. They are the ones who might want to look around a bit more. We have a 9.5 hour drive and won't make it in until late afternoon on the day before the cruise.

I was planning on a short "looksee" on the river front and back by the time the cabins are availiable.

Depends on how late afternoon you're talking. Anyway, you've got Riverwalk right there at the port area. I would try getting in a little earlier on the day before. It's possible to drop bags off and come back. Just don't go inside. We've done it before because we had to drop the luggage and then go park the car and walk back thru the riverwalk mall. Beware, they say sometimes you can't get thru there.

I find this port to be one of the most congested to drive to, that I was glad I was in a shuttle who could cut thru the line and drop us off. That line looked like it would take hours to wait in to get to the port at 10 am.

Your hotel may store you baggage until you are ready to go the ship

You probably should plan to be at the port 2 hr prior to sailaway

you must be ONBOARD usually 90 min before or you will not be allowed onboard after the cut off time

Thank you for all of your help. We have decided to drive in two days early because there is just so much we want to see.:)

Definitely a good idea. Take the swamp tour, check with brochures from your hotel. Don't forget to go the Riverwalk Mall. Try you some allegator in the mall, tastes like chicken to me. Ride the trolley for me, I still haven't done that yet.

After dropping off luggage and parking, we tried to leave the terminal parking area to do some sightseeing. The guy guarding the door said it was OK but we needed all cruise docs and passports otherwise we might not be able to get back in. At that point we decided it wasn't worth the potential hassle. Good idea to do your sightseeing the day before.

We're flying in the evening before our cruise so doing any sightseeing precruise is not an option, since we wanted to spend some time in the Big Easy, we decided to stay over an extra day after the cruise. Once I wake up I want to get on the ship and get my vacation started!

Archived