Follow up to luggage woe

RhondaPerr

So, I had posted that Princess had tried to charge me in the EZ check program despite my being First Class, and were pretty snarkie when I tried to explain why the charge was wrong. My TA told me to write it up and she forwarded it to Princess. I would say not even 2 weeks later I received a call from a customer relations person for post cruise. We were on the phone for almost a half hour. I am not sure I ever got a straight answer but I do know that the snarkiness is being addressed, and he did give me a gesture of compensation.

The bottom line is, most of the time the program works but free luggage due to frequent fliers, or credit cards, or first class tickets, seem to confuse people. :)

OP's original thread on this matter tells the situation in greater detail, but the upshot is that she had the proper form filled out and highlighted that she was flying FC. Her ship's final statement showed much higher charges than just the EZ fee. She went down to have it corrected. After much rude treatment by Princess staff, she finally convinced someone to pull her form, and right there in big highlighted letters was the proof that she should not have been charged baggage fees, and it was corrected onboard.

But by then she was also upset that she had been given the runaround and passed off to 'unavailable' staff and been told a bunch of hoohaw just to try and get rid of her instead of actually dealing with the problem. Hence the letter via TA noted above and the addressing of snarkiness issues and additional compensation.

Ok so I thought the ez check price ($20) was Princess charge to "handle" the bag thru to the airline and home. Should I then expect to pay an additional $25 per bag for the airline charges, like I do when I check the bag my self at the airport?

Ok so I thought the ez check price ($20) was Princess charge to "handle" the bag thru to the airline and home. Should I then expect to pay an additional $25 per bag for the airline charges, like I do when I check the bag my self at the airport?

Yes, you're charged a total of the two fees. $20 goes to Princess; any relevant airline fee goes to the airline, if you're in coach and flying on a carrier that has luggage fees.

Yes, you pay whatever the airline charges for bags. When you fill out your form it clearly states that. Princess charges $20 for the expedited service which is a huge benefit as far as I'm concerned. The airline still charges their baggage fee based on whatever their published fee is.

Yes. The $20 is for the convenience of being able to put out your suitcase the night before and not seeing it until you arrive home, having Princess check you in and print your airline luggage tag and boarding pass, and being able to go directly to Security when you arrive at the airport, bypassing all check-in lines. I think it's well worth it but others might disagree.

Archived