ruby princess on 7 mate

Hi all

Just watching the building of the Ruby Princess on 7Mate, atm. Good show for those interested. Think it is called built from disaster.

Thought u may be interested

Jen

Hi all

Just watching the building of the Ruby Princess on 7Mate, atm. Good show for those interested. Think it is called built from disaster.

Thought u may be interested

Jen

Thanks Jen, saw the show last night, having an upcoming 30 day trip on Ruby, (see my signature) most interesting to see her getting built and safety systems etc. We have been on her sister ship Crown Princess, a couple of years older than Ruby, great class of ship, lot of pax, yes, but plenty of space and comfort too.

Ruby was launched in November 2008, so when we board her on 7 October, she will be just on 3 years young !

Good to see the Italian shipbuilders putting in those safety systems. Don't like those car ferries leaking water, like they had on the show.!

Gave a new light to car ferries didn't it. I personally think I would be nervous going on one again, after seeing this show. I did find it interesting that most of the modern day shipbuilding relates back to the ill-fated Titanic, re safety issues. So some good has come out of that disaster. Haven't we come a long way. Also that new design for ferries, with the big blob at the front, looked really weird, but safe. I think if I went on one of them, I would be tempted to wear pointy ears....they look a bit spaceshipish to me. Almost expected to see Dr Spock at the helm.

Jen

I thought there may be another interesting cruise ship show on tonight. SBS has a series called Monster Moves -and this week the show was called Ship Sink. Turns out it is about the scuttling of USS Kittyhawk in the Cariibbean.

Might appeal to some

cheers

Archived