Cutting it too close in Juneau??

account4fun

I have a level 2 glacier trek booked with Northstar. I just found out they now have a level 3 that will fit in my port time (6:30 -4:00). Northstar's telling me we would be back downtown at 2:45. Is that cutting it to close to all aboard?

I should also probably say I REALLY REALLY want to do level 3 if I can :D

I have a level 2 glacier trek booked with Northstar. I just found out they now have a level 3 that will fit in my port time (6:30 -4:00). Northstar's telling me we would be back downtown at 2:45. Is that cutting it to close to all aboard?

I should also probably say I REALLY REALLY want to do level 3 if I can :D

Just my advice, I'm doing the same excursion, w/ the same times, and we probably could MAKE IT, BUT, I don't want to worry thru-out the excursion about getting back to ship, ALSO, I want to have time to look around town. I talked to Northstar and they said I wouldn't be missing out on much to NOT do the level 3, they said the only difference is climbing a wall, (which I'm afraid of heights) so that made my decision. She said Level 2 was still good. But that is her opinion, she's not the tourguide. good luck :) When are you going? I'm going next Friday

With Northstar, stating you will be back by 2:45pm, then in my opinion, you have no issue with booking this tour. I have NEVER heard of any reports that their tours caused someone to miss their cruise ship.

An extra hour, 50% more is significant with this tour. If this is your interest, I would not hesistate to book it. For those who don't want to repel, you have the option to go off on your own, which is simple to consider.

Just my advice, I'm doing the same excursion, w/ the same times, and we probably could MAKE IT, BUT, I don't want to worry thru-out the excursion about getting back to ship, ALSO, I want to have time to look around town. I talked to Northstar and they said I wouldn't be missing out on much to NOT do the level 3, they said the only difference is climbing a wall, (which I'm afraid of heights) so that made my decision. She said Level 2 was still good. But that is her opinion, she's not the tourguide. good luck :) When are you going? I'm going next Friday

As you know, I have done a lot of glacier trekking. I do not agree with reports you have gotten. In my opinion, they are being made, based on YOUR priority for booking a tour, which is, you don't want the tight timeframe. They have made you "feel better" about your choice, which, certainly is important. But, Longer is better and 1/3 more time, is significant, with a trek. Once you have taken this tour, I do think you will find two hours flying by. Be sure to report back on how much you enjoyed this.

Go for level 3. There is a huge difference. Well, that is assuming that you are very fit.

I'm not at all sorry that I did the level 3's when I was fit and able to do so. I can now look back and enjoy the memories.

Great thanks for all the advice! I am going to switch to the level 3 as I feel comfortable that Northstar know's their business and if they say I can do it then I will trust them since I really want to do level 3. IMO an extra hour in town won't get me as much as en extra hour on the glacier (which is my priority)!

Hollon - I agree with BQ. Looking at the pictures on their new website for level 2 trek and level 3 X-trek show VERY different experiences. I'm not sure I would go on the advice of the "non-tour guide".

Great thanks for all the advice! I am going to switch to the level 3 as I feel comfortable that Northstar know's their business and if they say I can do it then I will trust them since I really want to do level 3. IMO an extra hour in town won't get me as much as en extra hour on the glacier (which is my priority)!

Hollon - I agree with BQ. Looking at the pictures on their new website for level 2 trek and level 3 X-trek show VERY different experiences. I'm not sure I would go on the advice of the "non-tour guide".

hummm, now I have to make another choice. i'll call them again. thanks, i'm leaving this friday and you're leaving another wk aren't you? if i choose level 3, if they have room, i'll let you know how close on time we get back. so, yall are saying the extra time on glacier is more important than seeing the town?

hummm, now I have to make another choice. i'll call them again. thanks, i'm leaving this friday and you're leaving another wk aren't you? if i choose level 3, if they have room, i'll let you know how close on time we get back. so, yall are saying the extra time on glacier is more important than seeing the town?

We are leaving June 12th so a few more weeks to go. :( Definitely let me know how either tour works out as I am very curious! Enjoy!

Archived