CONQUEST DELAYED 5/15/2011 Sailing

JRock59

John Heald http://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald

Due to an urgent guest medical emergency making it necessary for the Carnival Conquest to return to Cozumel after the 5/13 departure in order to evacuated the guest to shore side medical care, the Sunday 5/15 arrival to Galveston is presently estimated to be delayed to docking approximately 10:00 a.m. Our thoughts are with the guest.

Hope they got the medical attention needed and are ok.

Luckily they're not delayed as much as we were on 5/9's Ecstasy cruise, we didn't board until 5:40 or so and left around 9:45-10. We made all our ports as scheduled, but we enjoy the few extra hours when we board around 12-1 on the first day.

We've got our fingers crossed as it's a long time between now and 10am tomorrow morning. And she's coming in against North winds. As long as we board tomorrow sometime we'll be happy!

This is from onboard conquest, sounds like it might be one of those full customs inspections. Last time I went thru one it was more than 2 hours of standing in line with the line not moving and without problems we still had roll call members getting off at 1:30 pm

Please post that the Conquest was delayed due to taking a sick person back to Cozumel. Estimated time of arrival in Galveston is 10:00 AM tomorrow. This is per official notice from the CD. They are also having a Coast Guard inspection tomorrow. Just wanted to give tomorrow's cruisers a heads up. Thanks

I will say that the Port of Galveston handled the Ecstasy's delay perfectly. The lines were actually not bad, we are Platinum and were seated to board within 10-15 minutes of walking in the door. I was afraid it was going to be a mess, but they did a great job. Hopefully it'll go just a smooth for everyone tomorrow :)

Not worried at all. :) But we're having a good laugh over on the roll call as the call says departure time is still scheduled for 4pm. :p If that happens I'll be truly amazed, I'm thinking more like 6pm. Either way we'll be on the ship and the Fun for All will have started! :D

JRock59, I know you guys will have a great cruise. Because that's what you are planning to do no matter how or when it starts. I like that.:D

Smooth Sailing. We're down to 60 days until the Triumph.

I'll be on Galveston webcam watching sail away, with all the others.(Sharon);)

Does this cause a ripple effect? In other words, since the Conquest is delayed leaving Galveston, will it be late arriving and leaving again next week?

It shouldn't the only thing that would delay us from returning on time next Sunday would be another emergency or bad weather.

John Heald

Carnival Conquest docked at the Galveston Cruise Terminal at 10:36 a.m. local time and preparing to commence debark/embark operations a.s.a.p.

5/15 cruise departure is presently anticipated to be around 5:30 p.m. , which will not negatively impact the planned itinerary with the first port call to Nassau of Wednesday 5/18 being on time as scheduled.

Archived