Disney Alaska Cruise Boring Blog

Ekat

I was so excited that someone was going to blog from the inaugural cruise. What a disappointment! Am I the only one who thinks she makes the cruise look boring? I feel like I learned more in a pamphlet than I have from her videos. They're so short that they are totally devoid of information and opinion. Why bother?

(Maybe a complimentary cruise?)

I was so excited that someone was going to blog from the inaugural cruise. What a disappointment! Am I the only one who thinks she makes the cruise look boring? I feel like I learned more in a pamphlet than I have from her videos. They're so short that they are totally devoid of information and opinion. Why bother?

(Maybe a complimentary cruise?)

Blogs are different things to different people and often whilst for the writer its about the enjoyment of the cruise and their family the reader, particularly if they are considering or have booked a cruise, wants information, menus, port adventures. Now actually that can be quite difficult to write, its more of a travel review rather than a family vacation blog.

Now you haven't quoted the blog so I cant see it, but I have been on cruises and have submitted blogs and its so so difficult, firstly, it is out vacation and you cant spend a lot of time in room or on deck typing, you actually want to enjoy the cruise, next, the internet connections are often very poor at sea, and then if you know what the readers want in advance, you personal might not actually encounter that, ie I am booked on Deck 8 and they want to know about a room on deck 2.

Like anything on the internet, we have to sample and search for what we want and filter out things that do not meet our needs.

We are not all travel journalist's, few have the art of writing a good, in depth and interesting blog, that has information and isn't boring.

Finally whilst a blog is good to decide if you want to book a cruise and also what port trips to book it also can have *spoilers* that actually dull the impact of something unexpected and lesser your enjoyment of a cruise, its like someone written about a film and giving an important an unexpected plot twist and often in their own view which with be different to others, often its best to sample with a *pinch* of salt and leave the unexpected to the actual cruise.

disney Fantasy, I think they are referring to the Video Blog on the Cruisecritic home page. Lissa Poirot does a series of very short glimpses of the cruise. I am enjoying them but they are SHORT! I dont share the opinion that the cruise is boring but you cant squeeze much info into 1 min and 10 sec

Squid

Archived