Oasis Cruise - 5/7-5/14 - with children ages 5 & 7

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for the spacing in your review. I can only see with one eye and have alot of trouble keeping my place in long paragraphs.

I usually skip reviews with little to no spacing or try to follow with a finger. Your spacing was perfect!

Lizzie

1) For the character breakfast do you have to pay a cover charge? Do the characters come to each table and take pictures?

2) The photo cd you bought, how much did it cost? Did they put every single picture of your family they took throughout the week on it or a certain number?

3) Do you know how much the cupcakes are at the shop?

4) We will be on deck 10 also a balcony, does the couch pull out into a bed and is it comfy? That is where I will be sleeping in a cabin of three.

5) Was there a hardtime finding chairs by the pools?

Thanks, Theresa

Yes -- they come to each table and we were able to get pictures with each character. There is NO cover charge, but you do have to make reservations. When you enter the dining room, they will check to see if you have a reservation.

It was expensive -- well over $250.00 -- but we had over 75 pictures -- if you bought them at $19.95 a piece -- well -- it would have been almost $1500.00 --

So it was worth it for us --- Yes all the pictures will be on the disc, however ---- there will be some that don't --- in that case -- along the wall -- there are all these shelves with tons of pictures on them -- they are sorted by event -- example -- Flowrider picture, character pictures, etc...

If you find one of your pictures -- take it to the check-out desk at Focus -- and they will get it on your disc ---

I seriously can't remember -- maybe between $2.00 and $3.00 --???

Yes -- the couch does pull out --

We had four in our room --

We decided to have my daughter sleep with my husband and I in our bed -- then my son slept on the couch -- We did NOT have it pulled out to make a bed --

Stefan -- our room attendant -- just made it up as a couch -- with sheets and duvet cover.

I slept on it one night -- I'm only 5'2 -- I was fine on it ---

We decided we wanted more room in our room --

When you pull out the bed at night -- there is absolutely no room to walk around -- so we kept it as a couch --

It worked out fine for us ---

5) Was there a hardtime finding chairs by the pools?

For us, since we traveled with young kids -- we spent most pool time at the KIDS pool -- we always were able to find chairs around the kids pool.

As far as the adult pools -- Sea Days were really busy ---

There always chairs on the upper deck -- that are not around the pools.

i hope this helps.

Thanks, Theresa

What is the rising tide bar? That sounds interesting.

The Rising Tide is a bar -- It is an open air BAR that goes UP and down about three levels. It's a slow open-air Elevator -- it's kind of large oval shape bar

When the bar is UP -- there is a water fountain display that shoots off water ---

You can get drinks on the bar.

It's especially busy right before dinner --

It holds about 25 to 30 people -- I'm just guessing here -- it might hold more, it might hold less -- not really sure...

You get a great view of the Promenade when you are UP ----

My hubby and I enjoyed a drink on it --

I did see a child on it, but we didn't bring our kids on it -- they were in Adventure Ocean club.

If you can get on it -- it's a great place to watch the parades and parties ---It's usually verrry crowded during these times ..

2995280130077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2218830310077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2280863970077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2320488560077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2095077820077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2529507690077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Great review! My family and I are going in nov. my DS is 10 and my DD is 7. When did you sign up for the cupcake decorating class. That looks like fun. Also at the kids splash pool area did you notice the baby pool area. Was it dinky? How deep? My little DS is 2 1/2 and I don't know if he'll be potty trained and he might get stuck in the baby pool. He's a big boy, so wondering if he'll be bored in it. Thanks

For the cupcake class -- I signed up for it online before we left --

They have a children's class -- they made a monkey cupcake.

They also have an adult class -- though we didn't take this one.

As far as the baby pool -- YES -- it's dinky -- sorry.

If your child is in diapers -- they will be limited to that pool.

I did see a couple with a baby that had a diaper on -- they were in the other regular kiddie pools -- I was kind of put off by it -- because it can be a health problem with a baby in a diaper. It clearly says on the signs that children in diapers cannot use the regular kiddie pools.

It was in minutes of seeing this couple, that a Royal Caribbean staff member was walking over to them to tell them to get the baby out of the regular kid's pool. I was very glad to see that the staff members were paying attention -- and making sure people followed the rules.

They did leave and went to the dinky baby pool.

I don't remember if it was your's or another thread but Is apple juice the only juice available in the morning or are all other basic juices as well? And for the rest of the day is it only unsweet tea that is free or is lemonade as well?

Do you know how long show's lasted?

I know they also have orange and pineapple juice.

They also have FRESHLY squeezed orange juice -- but you will be charged if you get the "good" stuff.

I don't drink tea, so I can't answer that question. Sorry.

They also have these Flavored Waters -- I think three of them -- I know they had Strawberry Kiwi -- I can't remember the others ones that were free.

Not sure about Lemonade -- didn't drink that ---

Show Times

Frozen in Time - 45 minutes

Oasis of Dreams - 45 minutes

Comedy Show - 60 minutes

Hairspray - 90 minutes

Headliner show - 50 minutes

Come Fly with Me - 50 minutes

2CRUISEIN2011 great review. Thanks for taking the time to share.

First I think I am exhausted from all the activities that I have just been exposed to. I don't know how you did everything and still took care of two kids plus your DH.

You either took great notes of your cruise experience or have a terrific memory. Even though you didn't do everything your overall review listed just about all the things available to do on an Oasis class ship. Reading it as you posted it seemed like a never ending list of things to do.

LOL

I have a pretty good memory, I was also going through all the pictures --and that helped me remember everything.

Our family doesn't like to "SIT" on vacations --- we are "doers"---

This ship was perfect for us because there was so much to do --

That being said -- for those people that just want to SIT and do nothing -- you can do that too!!

It's the perfect vacation for all ! :)

The funny thing about this trip for me -- is that I never felt "exhausted" -- I came home refreshed --

That is different for me -- we have gone to the Disney parks three times in the last five years--

I LOVE Disney -- but when it was time to go -- I was ready to go --

I was tired --

When I arrived back home, I felt like I needed another vacation --

After the cruise, I felt really GOOD!

I didn't want to leave and I'm home now and feel rejuvenated!

I'm ready to go again! :)

• 7 months later...

Archived