Packing Pointers For a Guy

CruisinKen7

9 day cruise to the Caribbean leaving from NY in a couple weeks.

How much to pack for a Guy?

Pants, Shorts, Dress Shirts, Causal etc you get the idea.

We are going on the Caribbean Princess and they do have laundry-mats on each deck.

I'm not going to even discuss my wife and her packing plan(like a squirrel before winter) Ooops said I wouldn't go there LOL :p

Thanks

9 day cruise to the Caribbean leaving from NY in a couple weeks.

How much to pack for a Guy?

Pants, Shorts, Dress Shirts, Causal etc you get the idea.

We are going on the Caribbean Princess and they do have laundry-mats on each deck.

I'm not going to even discuss my wife and her packing plan(like a squirrel before winter) Ooops said I wouldn't go there LOL :p

Thanks

You will have more at sea days, so, plan on the pool a lot. Three bathing suits and lots of T-shirts.

One or two dress pants and golf shirts with collars. Cargo shorts are good for port days.

Dark suit or tux for formal night if you so desire.

As always, most people over pack. Therefore, take less clothes and more money.

DH packs on the light side.

DH brings (beyond underwear and socks) a short sleeve button down shirt for everyday, two pairs of dockers, pair of shorts, Keen walking shoes, a pair of flipflops and maybe bathing trunks. He will wear his nicest Guayabera for CE night on Carnival and eat in the buffet for formal nights on HAL.

On the few cruises that we have done formal night he brought one suit and a change of shirt and tie. Other cruises he wore his navy blazer and tan dockers.

My husband brings a nice v neck cashmere sweater and a couple of nicer shirts (to go with the sweater) and a pair of nice dockers. Last cruise, he brought his suit, shirt neck was too small, so he got out of wearing his suit. We no longer do formal nights. He's happy, I'm (sort of) happy. Otherwise, packs what he wants-biggest decision for him is his baseball cap to cover his balding head. Decisions, decisions....

Disagree on lots of T-shirts. I always bring TWO T-shirts with me. One for the gym and one other. I have a tendency to buy t-shirts in the ports as a cheap souvenir. So I usually have about 10 by the time I get home.

My usual list is:

Formal Wear.

3-4 golf shirts

2-3 Hawaiian or sport shirts.

Sneakers

Teva Sandals

underwear for the length of the trip plus 1 (in case of airport delays etc)

Swim Trunks

3 pairs of Cargo Shorts

1 pair Gym Trunks.

and my wife.

Archived