Cruise Critic Luncheon

I do not remember seeing any mention of this before, but if it has been discussed, I apologize. Just off the May 1 cruise from San Juan to Malaga. Besides the Meet and Mingle party, the Adventure of the Seas held a private luncheon for about 125 people in the main dinig room. It was a superb menu including wine. Hats off to the staff of the ship for such a nice event. Is the Adventure setting a precedent for other ships to do the same? Thank you RCCL and the Adventure of the Seas. :D Jerry

I do not remember seeing any mention of this before, but if it has been discussed, I apologize. Just off the May 1 cruise from San Juan to Malaga. Besides the Meet and Mingle party, the Adventure of the Seas held a private luncheon for about 125 people in the main dinig room. It was a superb menu including wine. Hats off to the staff of the ship for such a nice event. Is the Adventure setting a precedent for other ships to do the same? Thank you RCCL and the Adventure of the Seas. :D Jerry

This is happening on several (many?) ships. This is under the heading of "Exclusive Top Tier Event", one of the "new benefits" since the revamping of the C&A program in January.

On IOS last month, it was a second C&A party which exactly duplicated the one held a few days before for ALL levels of C&A, but this one omitted the Gold members.

Other posters on Cruise Critic have reported this sort of luncheon. We had it on a previous cruise, but I can't remember which one! :eek:

:)

Jerry, this was definately down to the Hotel Director Nibu listening to us. On the Adventures first transatlantic crossing May 2010, Nibu attended the meet and mingle. At the end there was just a couple of us left. He asked me was there anything else he could do for the members. I asked about a lunch and it was organised. The first time people just received a lunch invitation with no mention of cruise critic. The next time and this time I asked him would he specify it was a cruise critic members lunch. It so well received. Not only did we get wine at the meet and mingle we also got it at the lunch. There was indeed 109 of us. Hats off to the Adventure and the staff.

I can echo how nice this event was, sat with 2 couples from Australia we would never have got to chat with otherwise.

the food was excellent as were the wines, well done to all who organised it and the efficient way it was carried through.

Jerry, this was definately down to the Hotel Director Nibu listening to us. On the Adventures first transatlantic crossing May 2010, Nibu attended the meet and mingle. At the end there was just a couple of us left. He asked me was there anything else he could do for the members. I asked about a lunch and it was organised. The first time people just received a lunch invitation with no mention of cruise critic. The next time and this time I asked him would he specify it was a cruise critic members lunch. It so well received. Not only did we get wine at the meet and mingle we also got it at the lunch. There was indeed 109 of us. Hats off to the Adventure and the staff.

It's hard to top Nibu when it comes to Hotel Directors! He is one of the best, and we have enjoyed him on several ships. He always seems to have a special luncheon for top tier passengers!;)

Rick

I attended the luncheon for just Cruise Critic members and was very impressed. There was wine and delicious food. The Adventure certainly was one of the friendliest if not the most friendly ship I have ever been on. It was a wonderful TA.

Archived