QM2 dry dock

cruzadict

I have just booked for the first sector of the world cruise leaving on 10th January to Capetown, really good deals about. I am sure that I have read somewhere that the QM2 is due for dry dock before then. Am I right and if so what date?

I have just booked for the first sector of the world cruise leaving on 10th January to Capetown, really good deals about. I am sure that I have read somewhere that the QM2 is due for dry dock before then. Am I right and if so what date?

According to cruisecal, the QM2 is scheduled for dry dock November 26 - December 8, 2011.

It has just been reduced from the original 21 or 22 days to 14 so they won't be doing as much. Lots of mechanical and paint plus some changes in the Winter Garden to make it into a coffee bar area as well as a bar meaning Sir Samuels will be a wine bar. These are the current ideas but they are still fluid.

It has just been reduced from the original 21 or 22 days to 14 so they won't be doing as much. Lots of mechanical and paint plus some changes in the Winter Garden to make it into a coffee bar area as well as a bar meaning Sir Samuels will be a wine bar. These are the current ideas but they are still fluid.

That is a shame. I was really looking forward to the Queens Grill Lounge being redecorated. I like the room as it currently is, but I don't believe anyone could in all honesty state that it has any kind of wow factor.

Sounds very interesting, we will be on board next year.

Catherine

• 2 weeks later...

Archived