Transportation to Disney World hotel after Freedom cruise

amistad

Is there any type of shuttle service that I should check on for a post cruise stay at Disney World? I know several say rent a car, but there will be 7 of us and three are in car seats still, I didn't know if there might be a shuttle service of some sort that is reasonable. I would appreciate advice, we will be getting off of the Freedom of the Seas on a Sunday and then staying at the Port of Orleans French Quarter at Disney World for a couple of day's. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think a rental car is your only option.

Florida does not have drop off charges if you pick up and drop off within the state on car rentals.

You did not say where Freedom is, but I guess Miami or FLL. National and Alamo have shuttles that will pick you up at the ship and take you to their rental office. You typically book a category car and you can choose any in that row. Look for the makes of minivans with built in car seats and rent another seat if you need--most vans have 2. I would drive to Disney, check in at the resort, and unload your stuff. You can drop off National/Alamo vehicles at the Swan/Dolphin hotel. Then walk or take the boat to Hollywood Studios and catch the resort bus to Port Orleans. You could also take a taxi but no idea of charge.

If you are flying out of Orlando the day you check out of Port Orleans, you can take the Disney's Magical Express to the airport. You will need to call Disney to reserve it but it is free to resort guests.

I will check back later if I have not explained well and you have questions.

From Port Canaveral to Orlando and WDW there are several shuttle companies listed below that are often suggested on these boards; typical fares are about $20 per person to MCO -- fares to WDW and area hotels may be higher.

www.cbshuttle.com

Cruisexpressfla

Star Trans

Cocoa Beach shuttle

TraveLynx ( www.travelynx.com )

Good luck! :)

Carnival Freedom is out of Fort Lauderdale

Freedom of the Seas is ported at Cape Canveral- So guessing that is what you are asking about.

Find a shuttle to get you to the airport at Orlando-- and take magical express for free

Archived