R class suite amenities upgrades

basor

We just got off the Regatta (12 MAY SFO) and our butler told us that they would be implementing several new amenities for the suites - nicer robes, 24/7 butler service, etc.

Does anyone know what all of the new amenties will be??

FYI - amazing cruise, amazing butler (Bagdon), amazing people, amazing food, etc., etc. etc :D

We were on the same cruise and had Bagdon as our butler and agree he was superb!!!!! But, the disembarcation was a complete disaster and a number of people missed their planes. We were one of the first off the ship at 9:25 am and by the time we got to the street after quickly collecting our luggage with the help of a porter, there were very few cabs out there. Fortunately, we had arranged for a private car and I had been in touch with the driver by phone so he knew about the delay. It seems that a number of people did not go through customs and immigration - at 9:10 there were 23 people who had not gone through - and no one was allowed off the ship until everyone cleared customs. My sister and her husband didn't leave the ship until 10:20 and they were on an Oceania transfer to the airport. The crew needs to rethink their method of having everyone understand the regulations re customs and immigration and do it in a timely matter so no one misses their flights. Even people who had booked Oceania's transfers missed their flights. This was a good lesson to all of us about booking flights too early in the day. Our flight left at 1:00 pm so we were in good shape.

The cruise itself was excellent and the food was amazing along with the gym which was busier than I have ever seen on an Oceania cruise. By the way, the gym was equipped with spinning bikes and classes were offered almost every day!!!

We were on the same cruise and had Bagdon as our butler and agree he was superb!!!!! But, the disembarcation was a complete disaster and a number of people missed their planes. We were one of the first off the ship at 9:25 am and by the time we got to the street after quickly collecting our luggage with the help of a porter, there were very few cabs out there. Fortunately, we had arranged for a private car and I had been in touch with the driver by phone so he knew about the delay. It seems that a number of people did not go through customs and immigration - at 9:10 there were 23 people who had not gone through - and no one was allowed off the ship until everyone cleared customs. My sister and her husband didn't leave the ship until 10:20 and they were on an Oceania transfer to the airport. The crew needs to rethink their method of having everyone understand the regulations re customs and immigration and do it in a timely matter so no one misses their flights. Even people who had booked Oceania's transfers missed their flights. This was a good lesson to all of us about booking flights too early in the day. Our flight left at 1:00 pm so we were in good shape.

The cruise itself was excellent and the food was amazing along with the gym which was busier than I have ever seen on an Oceania cruise. By the way, the gym was equipped with spinning bikes and classes were offered almost every day!!!

How about the rest of the gym? We enjoy complimentary low impact aerobics and pilates or stretching classes and hate spinning classes and hope to find something other than spinning classes.

What resistance (strength training) machines are available?

I hope the emphasis is not on cardio machines and classes. I like muscles (but not free weights). :)

It seems that a number of people did not go through customs and immigration - at 9:10 there were 23 people who had not gone through - and no one was allowed off the ship until everyone cleared customs.

There are always a few that think the rules do not apply to them.

Short of rounding up these few and dragging them to the Immigration officials I am not sure what Oceania can do. :eek:

We have been delayed several times because of these people :mad:

Lyn

How about the rest of the gym? We enjoy complimentary low impact aerobics and pilates or stretching classes and hate spinning classes and hope to find something other than spinning classes.

What resistance (strength training) machines are available?

I hope the emphasis is not on cardio machines and classes. I like muscles (but not free weights). :)

There were stretching classes every morning along with some yoga and toning classes as well. The gym also had a number of resistance machines along with cardio machines (not all cardio machines had TV available but all treadmills did so bring your ear phones) . They also had a good supply of free weights and some benches along with fit balls. I had no trouble keeping up with my home PT on the ship.

We had been in Naples, Florida before the cruise to look for places to rent for next winter and the gym on the ship was as well equipped as some of the gyms we found in the various areas of condos there.

We just got off the Regatta (12 MAY SFO) and our butler told us that they would be implementing several new amenities for the suites - nicer robes, 24/7 butler service, etc.

Does anyone know what all of the new amenties will be??

FYI - amazing cruise, amazing butler (Bagdon), amazing people, amazing food, etc., etc. etc :D

The butler service has always been 24/7. Your "primary" butler works days, and the others cover for him while he is on breaks. A second shift works overnight.

Jim and Stan,

We had a cabana on this cruise and it was wonderful!!! We were sent a bottle of wine asking that we please keep our curtains on the cabana open during the Panama Canal crossing which we did so a lot of people enjoyed the front view of the crossing and we met a lot of nice people that way!!

The cabana attendants were great!!!!!

wripro...

Henry, we had Bagdon as our butler on Nautica 2 years ago. Agree that he is terrific. We celebrated our wedding anniversary while onboard, and Bagdon arranged a small in-suite party for us and our friends. He also arranged for an anniversary cake in Toscana.

Enjoy your Alaska cruise, and please keep posting!

Archived