One day in Venice

Bobbyoyo

We had actually been in Venice for a few days prior to embarking the ship, but we got on around 11am, had lunch, explored the ship (it was brand new) but then went back to Venice to eat dinner at a restaurant we had discovered.

The ship actually overnighted in Venice and the next morning and prior to setting sail around 3pm, we took a vaporetto over to Murano and Burano for just one more look around.

My only regret was not spending even more time in Venice before the cruise. This was back in 2007 and when we go back hopefully in 2012 we are planning on at least a week there.

Oh my goodness......

Spend every minute you can ashore in Venice. It will be irresistable to you to not be ashore and view that amazing city.

Watch the time and plan carefully but who cares about dinner on the ship if you can be eating in Venice?

We had an out of this world dinner at Harry's Bar and returned to the ship with a comfortable amount of time to spare.

Enjoy!!!

[iMO, don't waste a minute 'getting settled' in your stateroom. Lock your valuables in the safe, drop your luggage and go back ashore. I am one that always has to unpack and have everything in its place when in a hotel or ship, but not if it meant missing an hour more in Venice. The suitcase will be there when you return.

Only take ashore with you what you need. Don't carry all your money or all your credit cards. Lock up anything that is more than you need for the day/evening.]

Archived