Questions about Nachi Cocom

Cru1ser

1. what's the difference between book it directly through Nachi Cocom and book it through Island Marketing?

2. when you book it, you need to give some deposit, then when you arrive you need to pay the rest fee. how to pay the rest fee? cash? u.s. dollar?

3. and how to pay the taxi fee? cash? u.s. dollar?

4. is it too hot there on July 8th?

5. if we want to go snorkeling there, the fee is $35 per person, right? we have to book it now, or we can go when we're there? and again, how to pay the fee? cash? u.s. dollar?

6. what are the options for the drinks there?

7. where can i take a look at the lunch menu now?

thanks very much!

We were there in March and really enjoyed it. We booked through Island Marketing, which I believe is the only way to do it. You pay the deposit and the rest you pay in cash (American dollars are fine), including any extras. We had booked massages in advance, but we could have waited until we got there so I am sure the same is true for snorkling.

The beach was very nice, clean, and not crowded. They also have a pool area.

As far as drinks I think they had pretty much anything you wanted. We had bloody marys, pina coladas, and beer. I don't have a copy of the menu but we had appetizers when we first got there--guacomole and chips and cerviche, and then had a sit down lunch later. The food was good.

Forgot one thing, we took a cab there. When you exit the ship, you walk through an open air pavillion with shops. There were signs directing you to cabs. There was a line, but it moved fast. There are set rates for each destination including Nachi. I think it was $15 for up to 4 people. Hope this helps.

Forgot one thing, we took a cab there. When you exit the ship, you walk through an open air pavillion with shops. There were signs directing you to cabs. There was a line, but it moved fast. There are set rates for each destination including Nachi. I think it was $15 for up to 4 people. Hope this helps.

this REALLY helps! thank you so much!

you can book it on Nachi Cocom's website (http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/). i really don't know why people prefer book it through Island Marketing? i went to Island Marketing's website, the price is the same.

Until recently (last week), the Nachi Cocom website linked to a version of PayPal that was entirely in Spanish, with no apparent ability to switch languages.

I just tried it again and the website now links to an updated PayPal page that can easily be switched to English by using the "button" on the upper left corner of the page. I was able to reserve our spots immediately without going through the extra hassle of booking through Island Marketing.

We were at Nachi Cocom in November and loved it. Hopefully the info share will be helpful to you.

1. what's the difference between book it directly through Nachi Cocom and book it through Island Marketing?

Nothing. We did use Island Marketing even though we could have used the direct booking option. The reason for this is we had a very large group going together and were linking our reservations. We had no problems at all, however one gentleman in our group forgot to bring his printed confirmation and although Nachi staff acted like this might be a problem upon check in, they did eventually allow him admittance.

2. when you book it, you need to give some deposit, then when you arrive you need to pay the rest fee. how to pay the rest fee? cash? u.s. dollar?

Cash, yes. They do accept USD.

3. and how to pay the taxi fee? cash? u.s. dollar?

Yes.

4. is it too hot there on July 8th?

I would expect it to be quite warm. It was hot when we were there in November.

5. if we want to go snorkeling there, the fee is $35 per person, right? we have to book it now, or we can go when we're there? and again, how to pay the fee? cash? u.s. dollar?

Yes, you can book it there. One of the watersports operators will approach your palapa and ask if you would like to take advantage of their offerings. They have clearly marked (and very reasonable IMO) prices. They are not high pressure, the just ask if you are interested and if so, let you know where to go sign up. We did the banana boat, and did not sign up in advance. Some of our friends parasailed and also rode the jet skis- all of us recommend the watersports at Nachi.

DSC03752.jpg

6. what are the options for the drinks there?
They have quite a wide selection. The mixed drinks are a little weak. Many Mexican beers like Corona and XX, we weren't too adventurous. They had a tasty banana frozen drink, think it was called a Dirty Monkey. Tequila shots were Jose Cuervo.

cRUISEoCT2010048-1.jpg

7. where can i take a look at the lunch menu now?

thanks very much!

cRUISEoCT2010097.jpg

cRUISEoCT2010098-1.jpg

Chicken Fajitas:

cRUISEoCT2010127-1.jpg

Here is a quick pan video of the beach the day we were there (it was sold out that day, so you can get an idea of the maximum crowding level! )

Video:

th_cRUISEoCT2010086-1.jpg

We were at Nachi Cocom in November and loved it. Hopefully the info share will be helpful to you.

Nothing. We did use Island Marketing even though we could have used the direct booking option. The reason for this is we had a very large group going together and were linking our reservations. We had no problems at all, however one gentleman in our group forgot to bring his printed confirmation and although Nachi staff acted like this might be a problem upon check in, they did eventually allow him admittance.

Cash, yes. They do accept USD.

Yes.

I would expect it to be quite warm. It was hot when we were there in November.

Yes, you can book it there. One of the watersports operators will approach your palapa and ask if you would like to take advantage of their offerings. They have clearly marked (and very reasonable IMO) prices. They are not high pressure, the just ask if you are interested and if so, let you know where to go sign up. We did the banana boat, and did not sign up in advance. Some of our friends parasailed and also rode the jet skis- all of us recommend the watersports at Nachi.

DSC03752.jpg

They have quite a wide selection. The mixed drinks are a little weak. Many Mexican beers like Corona and XX, we weren't too adventurous. They had a tasty banana frozen drink, think it was called a Dirty Monkey. Tequila shots were Jose Cuervo.

cRUISEoCT2010048-1.jpg

cRUISEoCT2010097.jpg

cRUISEoCT2010098-1.jpg

Chicken Fajitas:

cRUISEoCT2010127-1.jpg

Here is a quick pan video of the beach the day we were there (it was sold out that day, so you can get an idea of the maximum crowding level! )

Video:

th_cRUISEoCT2010086-1.jpg

Thank you SOOOOOO much! This is really helpful!

the Nachi website says 'all inclusive' and then it says activities cost extra. I noticed on the menu prices are on there... what is included in the 'all inclusive'? I would expect to pay more for the watersports/toys... does the $49 get a chair/umbrella/pool access? food/drinks? booze? Taxi's around when you wanted to leave? Do they sell the biodegradable sunscreen that Cozumel wants you to use?

I keep running across reviews of Nachi Cocom and never even looked into it. We weren't planning on getting off the ship in Cozumel, but this looks a great place to take the kids and let them play on the beach all day! Can anyone tell me about how long of a taxi ride it was? Anyone with younger kids been? My little ones will be 6 & 8 and just trying to figure out if it is worth the trip or better to stick with our plan of staying on the ship.

I keep running across reviews of Nachi Cocom and never even looked into it. We weren't planning on getting off the ship in Cozumel, but this looks a great place to take the kids and let them play on the beach all day! Can anyone tell me about how long of a taxi ride it was? Anyone with younger kids been? My little ones will be 6 & 8 and just trying to figure out if it is worth the trip or better to stick with our plan of staying on the ship.

Like you, I had no intentions of booking Nacho Cocom until I read the threads on Cruise Critic (I'm going in July). The cab ride is about 15 minutes long - not too far at all.

the Nachi website says 'all inclusive' and then it says activities cost extra. I noticed on the menu prices are on there... what is included in the 'all inclusive'? I would expect to pay more for the watersports/toys... does the $49 get a chair/umbrella/pool access? food/drinks? booze? Taxi's around when you wanted to leave? Do they sell the biodegradable sunscreen that Cozumel wants you to use?

AI includes chairs, umbrella, pool, hot tub, beach, unlimited drinks and one appetizer, main course and dessert. We paid extra for a floating mat ($7) and the sombrero picture they took when we arrived. They will call for a taxi when you are ready to leave - one will be there within 5 minutes. There was a shop there selling supplies, but we brough our own sunscreen. Great place -- you'll love it!

Good luck! :)

Taxi ride was under 15 minutes and cost $15 each way for 4 of us - your waiter will call a taxi for you when you are ready to leave. Several kids in your age group were there when we visited Nachi last month - mostly in the pool. The beach is great, the waves were very small (when we were there), the drinks and food were very good, and my wife was impressed with how clean everything was. Much more fun that staying on the ship!

Good luck! :)

Archived