St Petersburg Tours with Anya

Hi, all.

I did a search in the forums but couldn't find out if anyone had used St Petersburg Tours (http://www.guidestpetersburgrussia.com/--darn this generic-ish slightly unsearchable name) with Anya. If do, did you like the experience? Who would you recommend from her staff?

Thanks!

In over a year on this board I have never heard of her or her company. The most well known and recommended private companies discussed on this board are Alla, Red October, SPB, TJ Travel, DenRus. SPB, Alla and TJ all have many admirers. I have seen some complaints about DenRus and not a lot about Red October recently. On our cruise, SPB is doing nine tours and Alla and TJ each one from members of our roll call.

I would recommend you email several and evaluate their response compared with the others. We found SPB to be the most responsive and willing to tailor our tour to our needs. Many others agree. You will find similar testimonials about other companies if you search the forum for these companies.

Hi, Bob!

Thanks for your reply.

I found Anya on tripadvisor.com. She seems responsive, but I've had two experiences back-to-back where someone started out super responsive, but fell off the radar/was disappointing after they got my money. :-/

Hi, Bob!

Thanks for your reply.

I found Anya on tripadvisor.com. She seems responsive, but I've had two experiences back-to-back where someone started out super responsive, but fell off the radar/was disappointing after they got my money. :-/

None of the above mentioned favorite private tour operators for St Petersburg ask for ANY money upfront..We used TJ Travel (loved them) and paid for our tour on the morning of the 2nd day....Careful if they want ANY money upfront !!!!! They will only need your passport info to obtain the blanket visa they will provide (they take care of all necessary documents) for you during your private tour....

Archived