"My" Review of the Ramada Inn/FLL Airport-Cruiseport

afcj1

After reading so many different opinions of this hotel, I decided to chime in with my own.

I stayed here on 5/8, prior to my cruise on 5/9 from POM. I needed to wait for the shuttle about 30 minutes, but they told how long it would be. The hotel is about 15 minutes (+/-) from the airport.

We arrived at the hotel at about 1:30, but my room wasn't ready yet. They were able to hold my luggage and the shuttle driver took me for a quick trip over to Winn Dixie for some sodas and waters. While I was there I also picked up a sandwich for dinner (they had a large selection of sandwiches, chicken, etc), because I was beat and didn't want to go out for dinner. They'll also drop you off at a local mall from 3:30-5:00.

Arriving back, my room was ready. I was taken to room #234, overlooking the pool. I had called a few weeks earlier and asked that I not be near the night club (on property, but not managed by Ramada) and that if possible I be in an interior room, since I was traveling alone. They've also been renovating, so I asked for one of those rooms. Well, I must admit, my room was very nice. A king bed, microwave, fridge, table chairs and there was even a curtain between the bathroom and sink area for privacy, if necessary. The A/C was cold, but not so much that I needed to turn it down or off. Unfortunately, FLL was doing some new repair work on their runways so for the next month planes would be flying overhead:eek: Obviously, the hotel has no control over this.

I went to the pool for a while, cushioned lounge chairs and a nice area. There's a Tiki bar too, but I didn't go there.

The bed was comfortable and I slept well. They offer a shuttle to POM for $15, but I had already reserved with SAS. Continental breakfast is included and was your standard fare. Cereals, toast, bagels, juice and pasties. They offer other breakfast items for an extra $3, but I didn't need all of that.

All of the staff were very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Enjoy:)

We've stayed at the Ramada before all of our cruises out of Port Everglades. The accommodations have been great, excellent breakfast included (eggs, etc.), restaurant on site, within walking distance of a very nice restaurant on the water, free shuttle from the airport to the Ramada and free shuttle from Ramada to the port. We have had no issues with anything there and will stay there again for any other cruises we take out of Port Everglades.

Jackie

Archived