No Freedom on Freedom

lastonein

what is so hard in understanding the rules? so if the rule is no alcohol some people will try to bend it with just a six pack. and if the rule is just a certain amount then some people will try to bring a boatload. and if the rule is whatever you want then some people will bring a whole still of moonshine. the line is drawn and its not a secret . it has nothing to do with the bottom line. what is so hard in understanding the rules?

You all forgot to mention he was already mad then consumed a six pack after he tried to board with it I would expect after that he was really really mad.

Plus I am sure he consumed drinks while ashore surprised he did not get a banned letter at the end of the cruise.

Just returned from the 5-7 sailing of the Freedom. This was my 14th carnival cruise. First let me say the food on Carnival was great like always. I ate mostly in the MDR. The meet and greet was excellent. Thank you ladies for setting it up. This sailing was my 25th sailing in the Caribbean. It was the first time I was not allowed to bring back a couple cans of local beer back on the ship. I was stopped by a security guard who acted as if he just found Ben Laden. "Oh! Beer! We have to discard this" Like I'm going let this dude throw my 6 pack away. I returned to the pier consumed it and vowed I will never sail Carnival again.

On sea days the seat and chair crap starts. While on the serenity deck which is very nice, my DW and I had a sofa to ourselves when I went to play sunshine bingo. All the tables there were full on lido, but not all the chairs, I wanted to move a chair so I could see the board and not be in the sun. AS I limped over (I have RA and walk with a cane) to the first of three tables, I was denied access to one of 3 empty chairs. The second table had 2 empty chairs "these are saved!", and the third table also with 2 empty chairs and was told NO!. I drug a chair from half a deck away and played bingo the game took 45 minutes. NONE of the chairs were ever filled. When I returned to the serenity deck, WOW 7 strangers rearranged all the chairs surrounding my dw just hi-jacked the spot. When I saw they left no room for me she stood up and within 2 seconds one hi-jacker was in her spot.

Carnival just sells the tickets and I’m glad being a stock holder. I refuse to let despicable people spoil my vacation. When you dip your hands to the bottom of the bucket of humanity and clean out your finger nails this is what you get. Not for me I don't need it.

The Freedom to bring back a couple of local beers in port is a Freedom I won't loose.

OP, I have only sailed Carnival twice. On both cruises, I purchased alcohol in port and it was confiscated when I returned and given to me on the last night of cruise. This was also true on Norwegian Cruise Line (I suspect that all the lines do it).

It is interested that you note, "On sea days the seat and chair crap starts.," and in the next sentence talk about how you and DW took over an entire sofa on the Serenity Deck. When I was on the Dream's Serenity Deck, two ladies did exactly the same thing. It would have been nice to sit on a portion of that large sofa but another variation of chair hogs (sofa hogs) decided that they were more entitled to the seat. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

SerenityDeck.jpg

The only reason they enforce their alcohol policy is because it affects their bottom line.

And the only reason they do not enforce their no chair saving policy is because it does not affect their bottom line.

The point is enforce all the rules or none of the rules.

I'm a total neophyte and I apologize for the naiveté of my question, but is there an actual rule regarding hogging chairs? Or is it just the standard courtesy?

Thanks!!

I have brought at least a 6 pack of beer, sometimes 12, from nearly every port of call, on every cruise I have ever been on, and never had it taken away. I have asked about it several times from room stewards, guest services, etc. and was told it was allowed. They will take and hold your liquor but they look the other way with beer. I know what the contract says, but I do it at every port, except the embarkation port, of course. I will be upset if this is not being allowed now..

We have also brought a six pack back on board from different ports with nothing being said:confused:

Some of you guys are quite mean. I don't get why some of you guys get so nasty with others who had a bad cruise. You act like it was YOUR ship they didn't like.

To the OP, honestly this could have happened on any line. The liquor thing and the chair hogs. I think never sailing the line again over that is a bit extreme but its your money and your vacation. I certainly am not going to give you a "well bye" because I have no reason. I am not offended at your review. I hope you try

Carnival again, but wherever you go, have a good time.

It is not just Carnival that doesn't allow alcohol to be brought on board from a port. I believe most cruise lines follow the same guidelines.

I know the xray guys often let wine and a little beer slip on thru and dont make you check it. Iv never heard of having to throw it away.

Beer is allowed all the time. There is no consistency.

OP I think its luck of the draw.

I'm a total neophyte and I apologize for the naiveté of my question, but is there an actual rule regarding hogging chairs? Or is it just the standard courtesy?

Thanks!!

I think the rule is 30 minutes. there is supposedly a rule, except carnival doesnt want to upset people and get involved. Its not like disney who enforces their rules.. carnival anything goes.

Iv seen them announce no baseball caps and wife beaters on the dining room, and the men sat there, and the ones wearing the caps didnt even take them off when they were asked to remove them. No one likes getting into arguments with pax who you never know how they will react .. so carnival usually looks the other way.

It's just pathetic. How much revenue are they losing by not letting me bring a six pack of beer on? Maybe $25 Our S&S tab for a week is usually around $1,000 not to mention what we pay for the cruise itself. A lot of you who are flaming the old guy are probably the same ones who are sneaking in liquor in water bottles and rum runners and YOU are the ones who are affecting the bottom line more than the people trying to bring on a six pack. Revenue wise, 6 beers is approximately equal to 6 ounces of booze, and I think there are probably many here who are bringing on a lot more than 6 ounces of booze. If anything, us beer drinkers should be angry with you stealth booze smugglers because YOU are the reason they are cracking down so hard. They are losing far more revenue on hard alcohol. It's not really practical to fill a rum runner with beer, but if the old guy did it, many of you would be patting him on the back. Hypocrites.

When you dip your hands to the bottom of the bucket of humanity and clean out your finger nails this is what you get. Not for me I don't need it.

What do you mean? People who are not rich are the bottom of the bucket of humanity?

What do you mean? People who are not rich are the bottom of the bucket of humanity?

No. I think he was referring to the people who copped his seat while he was gone for 45 minutes, which I won't defend. He's only got his wife to blame for that. She shoulda said, "Someone's sitting here. Step off, punk!" As far as people sitting in the other chairs, well, that's their right..

The only reason they enforce their alcohol policy is because it affects their bottom line.

And the only reason they do not enforce their no chair saving policy is because it does not affect their bottom line.

The point is enforce all the rules or none of the rules.

God forbid a business wants to make money.

And that's a bad thing, exactly how? :confused:

If something is good for Carnival, it's good for me.

If anything, us beer drinkers should be angry with you stealth booze smugglers because YOU are the reason they are cracking down so hard.

This is gold right here.

Just so I understand...you would be able to smuggle more beer if others weren't smuggling harder alcohol?

I would be able to rob more Circle K's if there weren't so dog gone many bank robberies in the same area.

Hypocrites.

Oh, I think you should really examine that comment.

This is gold right here.

Just so I understand...you would be able to smuggle more beer if others weren't smuggling harder alcohol?

I would be able to rob more Circle K's if there weren't so dog gone many bank robberies in the same area.

Oh, I think you should really examine that comment.

I think I made my point pretty clearly. The ones bringing in gallons of liquor are the ones hurting the bottom line, not the ones carrying in a few beers from port.

I will say again-Enforce all the rules or none of the rules.

I don't think such an entity exists.

Selective enforcement is the rule, not the exception, in everything in life.

Not saying it's right. Just saying that Carnival is no different than anything, or anyone else.

I would be upset also OP. If I walked into the hotel I was staying at with a six-pack and the hotel said I couldn't bring that in, that I could only drink in the hotel with alcohol purchased at the hotel bar, I would find a new hotel.;)

Except that this isn't a hotel, it's a cruise ship.......and the hotel doesn't have a signed contract from you stating you'll adhere to the rules and Carnival does.....

Except that this isn't a hotel, it's a cruise ship.......and the hotel doesn't have a signed contract from you stating you'll adhere to the rules and Carnival does.....

You are wrong. ;)The hotels I stay at have strict rules on parking, alcohol, smoking in rooms and yes I do sign a bill that states these infractions.Maybe the motel 6 you stay at doesn't have rules???

Archived