Loved FOS, now what?

Momto3cuties

We just cruised FOS with a 6, 4, and 2 year old. We had a blast all week! The 4 year old went to AO a few times. Our 6, almost 7 year old wasn't interested - mostly girls were there. Of course our 2 year old was too young, but spent 2 hours in the nursery one evening (sleeping!)

As I mentioned we loved FOS and I hate to mess with a good thing, but it was $$$$$ for a family of 5. Looking into other cruise lines, some are cheaper...will we be disappointed though? If you've cruised FOS and another line/boat - how did it measure up? Any recommendations? We are an active family and love the water (pools, etc.) so that is most important, along with food (it was awesome on FOS!). Kids were OK going to kids club, but this is not a huge deal breaker, as we try and spend most of the time together as a family.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Since Freedom of the Seas works for you why not try her sister ship Liberty of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale? Those 5 nights on LOS should be priced lower than the FOS' 7-nights and you still can have lots of fun on the ship.

Find a cheaper RCI ship/sailing. ;)

My kids have done enough ships to know what they like. Their favorite has been Freedom and Indy -- no doubt (even over the Disney ships).

So when I search the cruises every year, I list them by least expensive. So do that. You could look at Navigator -- starting at $449. It will be cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.

Honestly, living in Florida, Navigator of the Seas is the best kept secret.

We have an 11 year old daughter and 17 year old son. For some reason, Navigator has a bad rap. My kids are super excited that we are on it again in March, 2012. They don't miss flowrider or the H20 zone..they like those things........but don't miss them. DH and I love the service and all of the great grown up things to do (same as the super ships.)

Also, Liberty is doing 4 and 5 days in the fall out of Florida..........another great option with all the bells and whistles and affordable pricing.:)

Archived