Sensation or Ecstasy.....

cruisenanny

We are going to see Mickey next January for our 12th anniversary. We are looking to also do a short cruise (4 day maybe) from port Canaveral during this trip. It looks like Sensation & Ecstasy are our options, I know they are sister ships but that's all I know. Anyone have a preference of the two or doesn't it really matter?

We are going to see Mickey next January for our 12th anniversary. We are looking to also do a short cruise (4 day maybe) from port Canaveral during this trip. It looks like Sensation & Ecstasy are our options, I know they are sister ships but that's all I know. Anyone have a preference of the two or doesn't it really matter?

We don't know! Our first sighting of Ecstasy will be Nov. 7. I've done Sensation 3 times but ready for a change. Booked Ecstasy Nov 26. The reviews of this ship have been generally Superior.

Ecstasy still carries Nassau and Freeport on some cruises. However, they also go to HMC on some trips and Key West on others. They have varying itineraries to check out. I picked my date to go to Key West as they are there noon till 8P.M. Someday I'll go on the HMC one, as I'm not a beach person.

I haven't sailed the Ecstasy but sailed the Sensation and the Fantasy. No difference. We are looking forward to the Elation since it doesn't have EOF. EC and SE alternate dates so i would just pick just the best date for you. If you have older kids you might consider the Dream instead. The EOF are designed for little kids.

I haven't sailed the Ecstasy but sailed the Sensation and the Fantasy. No difference. We are looking forward to the Elation since it doesn't have EOF. EC and SE alternate dates so i would just pick just the best date for you. If you have older kids you might consider the Dream instead. The EOF are designed for little kids.

Oh I would LOVE to do the Dream, but I dont think we will have that much time to spare, isn't it only doing 7 day cruises? What is EOF? Our kids are grown, our baby girl just got married last saturday!!

IDK what the difference is between the ships, if any, being as they are both fantasy class... but not to much further away from Orlando, in the other direction, is another option in Tampa... also a fantasy class ship but maybe different ports you may be interested in. I'd check it out.

I might be in the minority here, but I didn't care for the Sensation. We cruised on it in October 2009 and it was my least favorite ship so far. Don't get me wrong, we still had an amazing time, but we didn't LOVE most things about it (the cruise director, food, on-board activities, etc.). I have never been on the other ship.

Please interperet this. Sorry, have no idea what all those initials mean. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who is clueless.

Please interperet this. Sorry, have no idea what all those initials mean. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who is clueless.

EOF = Evolutions of Fun

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

:)

EC is Ecstasy...SE is Sensation.....EOF is Evolutions of Fun...:)

Haha! I was clueless too! As others hasve posted, the EOF is evolutions of fun. So I reasearched what that is & I understand it refers to the renovations that have been done on the fantasy class ships, most notably the adults only serenity areas, so I dont know why the poster would say the EOF were for little kids!! Kids at heart maybe:p

Haha! I was clueless too! As others hasve posted, the EOF is evolutions of fun. So I reasearched what that is & I understand it refers to the renovations that have been done on the fantasy class ships, most notably the adults only serenity areas, so I dont know why the poster would say the EOF were for little kids!! Kids at heart maybe:p

the deck just above the Serenity deck, they added a WaterPark. But I would argue that BOTH adults AND Children would have fun there!:D

You also have to consider when in the week you want to go.

The Sensation does her 4 day cruises Sun-Thur.

The Ecstasy does her 4 day cruises Thur to Mon.

Ahh! Very good point, I think either will work for us, we will be down there for 2 weeks. I think I am leaning toward the Sensation...

You also have to consider when in the week you want to go.

The Sensation does her 4 day cruises Sun-Thur.

The Ecstasy does her 4 day cruises Thur to Mon.

My notes say yes, 4 nighter on a Thursday, but not every Thursday. I calculate in Nov....Mon. Nov 7 is 5 nights and hits HMC, then Nov 12 is Sat. and 5 nights and hits Key West, then Nov 17, a Thurs is a 4 nighter. hits just Nassau and Freeport. I assume that will be the schedule.

My notes say yes, 4 nighter on a Thursday, but not every Thursday. I calculate in Nov....Mon. Nov 7 is 5 nights and hits HMC, then Nov 12 is Sat. and 5 nights and hits Key West, then Nov 17, a Thurs is a 4 nighter. hits just Nassau and Freeport. I assume that will be the schedule.

Yep. The Sensation does the 4 nighter ever week and the Ecstasy does the 4 nighter every other week.

You weren't. I was just hoping someone would give me a clue. Thanks for asking. :o

I know you already decided but I'll throw in my 2 cents. We didn't really like the Sensation that much either - old, tired, tacky, food not as great, etc. IMO. We found the Imagination to be better even though it's a sister ship too. We have never done the Ectasy. I hope it's great for you.

Don't get me wrong, we still had an amazing time, but we didn't LOVE most things about it (the cruise director, food, on-board activities, etc.). I have never been on the other ship.

I'm glad you had a good time but I have never understood the part about a bad cruise director... I cannot recall ever worrying about them, wondering who they were. Just my 2 cents worth. We have sailed on the Sensation about a year before the EOF and will be on her this Thursday (May 26th). We plan on having great short getaway from work.

So we decided on the Ecstasy 5 night with HMC! Very exciting as I was only expecting to squeeze in a 4 night, thanks everyone for your help! Debbie:p

Sounds like a GREAT choice!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong- any cruise is an amazing cruise. But they asked our opinion on the ship. The cruise director was very old, and along with the majority of the entertainment staff, when they spoke they showed no excitement and seemed board and irratated to be talking to us. We still had a very very good time. But that is something that I didn't care for about the Sensation.

I'm glad you had a good time but I have never understood the part about a bad cruise director... I cannot recall ever worrying about them, wondering who they were. Just my 2 cents worth. We have sailed on the Sensation about a year before the EOF and will be on her this Thursday (May 26th). We plan on having great short getaway from work.

Archived