Booking my cruise with American Express

german89

Hey guys,

I'd like to pay for my cruise with my Amex Reward Points. I only found websites like AMT American Express Travel (they are ALL over Google) or Avoya. Are those trustworthy?

Thanks!

Have you tried going directly through the American Express website? That's what I did when I book air using points. But be aware that you may find that you have booked through Travelocity. I recently booked a Hampton Inn room through AMEX because I couldn't get through the Hhonors website, and found when I check in I couldn't get points because AMEX books through Travelocity. EM

Sorry but... Where can I book cruises through AmEx? I know they used to offer those, but I can't find them anymore...

I go to my accounts online and there is a tab for travel. You can book online but I perfer to get the phone number and call them direct.

Aah found it... Just had to go to the US site, the German site only offers flights in the travel section. However, as soon as I login, I get

We're Sorry

clear.gif The page you've requested has been moved or taken off the site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the Home Page for more details.

:mad:

Aah found it... Just had to go to the US site, the German site only offers flights in the travel section. However, as soon as I login, I get

We're Sorry

clear.gif The page you've requested has been moved or taken off the site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the Home Page for more details.

:mad:

Here are the numbers to contact them by phone, although not sure about calling from Germany?

American Express vacations 1-800-335-3342

American Express Cruises 1-800-297-5627

If anything they can direct you to the proper channels.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Avoya used to be America Vacation Center. I have a great TA with them and I use them for all my cruises. I really don't have enough points to make it worth my time for travel,so I use them for Hotels and care rentals:)

Archived