Project Sunshine- More Information?

Hey All,

Does anyone know when we can expect some more information or details about Project Sunshine? I know the ship won't be completed for quite some time, but I want to find out what's going on!

Thanks,

Derek

Given RCI's past history on new ships, don't expect anything for a while. Once they do start releasing information it will trickle out. RCI just finalized/signed the contract recently with Meyer Werft so I think that we may see an artist rendering of the exterior soon but not much more.

This was posted by Adam in his "Why Not" blog a few weeks back

Lastly, Jack R. and many of our other fans asked me to divvy information on “Project Sunshine.” Project Sunshine will be a wonderful addition to the Royal Caribbean fleet. We’re currently immersed in the project and expect Sunshine to have a major impact on our guests, our company and our industry. Though I would love to comment on the progress of Sunshine, it’s too early for us to divulge any particulars. Patience is a virtue!

Trying to track this too for my employer. One of our business lines is electric mirror defoggers and we have been trying to find the right contacts in the design team to introduce the concept. Cruise ships are notorious for small bathrooms and mirrors that fog up really bad making them unusable without opening bathroom door for awhile (brrrr). On RCI even the hair drier can't be used in the bathroom (plug won't work in there) so that is not a defogging option. The defoggers we make are ultra thin pads that stick to the back of the mirror and wire in to the light above and then warm the mirror just enough to keep condensation off. We sell a lot of them to hotels and have models with voltage specific to ships but can't find the right people to suggest them too. Cost (in volume) is less than a table lamp.

Curious too if anyone else thinks this would be a useful amenity on a new line of cruise ships?

Trying to track this too for my employer. One of our business lines is electric mirror defoggers and we have been trying to find the right contacts in the design team to introduce the concept. Cruise ships are notorious for small bathrooms and mirrors that fog up really bad making them unusable without opening bathroom door for awhile (brrrr). On RCI even the hair drier can't be used in the bathroom (plug won't work in there) so that is not a defogging option. The defoggers we make are ultra thin pads that stick to the back of the mirror and wire in to the light above and then warm the mirror just enough to keep condensation off. We sell a lot of them to hotels and have models with voltage specific to ships but can't find the right people to suggest them too. Cost (in volume) is less than a table lamp.

Curious too if anyone else thinks this would be a useful amenity on a new line of cruise ships?

They had these on Allure in the loft suites.

They had these on Allure in the loft suites.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads-up. I just emailed RCI to confirm and see what brand they used (there are only a handful). Maybe they can also tell me who handled the purchasing.

When I booked my last cruise, the RCI rep who handled the booking and I were talking about how amazing Allure and Oasis are. He told me that some amazing new things were coming on the Sunshine Class. I begged him to give me a hint, but he said he wasn't allowed to tell. I hope he wasn't just being insincere, because I am already an RCI fan and he didn't need to try to get me excited about Sunshine ships as I already am.

I thought he did sound sincere, however, so maybe RCI staffers have been given a few hints. Still, the more people who know, the greater the chance of a leak. Some folks have to know something, though. There has to have been adavnce planning sessions. I wish I could be a fly in the room and listen in on the idea sessions.

When I booked my last cruise, the RCI rep who handled the booking and I were talking about how amazing Allure and Oasis are. He told me that some amazing new things were coming on the Sunshine Class. I begged him to give me a hint, but he said he wasn't allowed to tell. I hope he wasn't just being insincere, because I am already an RCI fan and he didn't need to try to get me excited about Sunshine ships as I already am.

I thought he did sound sincere, however, so maybe RCI staffers have been given a few hints. Still, the more people who know, the greater the chance of a leak. Some folks have to know something, though. There has to have been adavnce planning sessions. I wish I could be a fly in the room and listen in on the idea sessions.

I'm sure some folks know something but I am not sure that your RCI rep is one of them. What you were told was general enough that anyone who has experience with RCI's ships could say it with a fair amount of confidence even knowing no specifics. It doesn't mean he was "insincere", just not informed, but sure that whatever RCI is planning for Project Sunshine will fit the "amazing" description. I believe that most of us believe that some of the things that will eventually be released will be considered "amazing", and we know no more than you do at this point.

RCI is amazingly good at remaining tight lipped when it is called for and will release any and all information on their own schedule.:)

Archived