There's HOW MANY calories in the Melting Cake?!

Amen to not watching calories on a cruise or any other vacation for that matter. One of the highlights of my vacations :) As a Weight Watcher lifetime member I eat pretty good the rest of my life so it is a treat. Yea, I'll gain a little weight and it will take a few weeks to burn it off but that is OK.

I work out everyday of the cruise but still gain weight. Takes a lot to burn off an extra 1,000 calories a day.

By the way, I do not like the chocolate melting cake. Just way too gooey for me. A bite or 2 is fine. But I will make it up in other ways. Fried food and bacon are my nemesis.

When we go in November I am not even going to worry about it because if all goes well I will have just finished an full Ironman and this will be my treat for all the workouts. Eat, sleep and eat some more. Ahhhhhh

enjoy,

Duane

What a great idea!

DEEP FRIED CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE WITH BACON CRUMBLES ON TOP :D

I'll volunteer to sample the first one. :cool:

to be honest, I have no trouble avoiding it. I guess if you are a chocoholic it would be good, but I don't love it. I will usually order it once just because it seems like you have to, but In= never eat it all. It's way too sweet for me. I much prefer the Grand Marnier Souffle, or some of the other one-night-only desserts.

• 1 month later...
Good lord.

Since mom and I are going on the Destiny in August for my little college graduation cruise/girls long weekend, she celebrated by cooking me Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. Well, my calorie conscious self saw how many of those delicioius, ooey gooey calories are in one serving and I about died.

But it's a cruise, right? Who cares.

My question is...what are some foods that are super tasty and on the healthier side that Carnival offers now? I haven't been on Carnival since 2009.

What are some other in general for food? What should we try? What should we not?

Thank you all!

how was your cruise? hope you can write a short review for us

ask forr sugar-free icecream!

...and to make it even 'healthier' skip the ice cream and ask for a tropical fruit platter with your WCMC - then dip the fruit making your own chocolate fondue - very yummy! :D

...I have yet to try the SF desserts but may give it a go given the good reviews (and I know NOT to order the diet pumpkin pie!)

There are no calories in anything you order when at sea.
Luckily we walk around a lot more on a cruise, and do stairs a lot more too.

That's the only thing that stops us from boarding as Luggage

and disembarking as CARGO..

WmChocMcake-355.jpg

Enjoy your warm Chocolate Melting Cake - you only live once..

Diet Coconut Sponge Cake with a Low Calorie Cream. Yummy! There are always low cal choices on every menu. I think they call them Spa choices or something like that. Anyway, the coconut cake is my favorite!

love the low-cal/low-sugar desserts. I had the orange cake last cruise and it was very good. I also had another low-cal from the spa choices, but cannot remember what it was. At the end of this month, I will look for and try the coconut cake (yumm). I didn't even miss the WCMC. (which I thought was to die for on my first cruise).

It's just too easy for me now to gain weight and too difficult to lose!:mad: I have noticed a big difference in the last two years :eek:

Archived