cave tubing just back read before ordering

phatsneaks

ok just back from valor may 15-22 xstream cave tubing through island marketing, started out alittle disorganized but could have been waiting for other passengers. Dale and Mike were great, that was the highlight. They were funny and knowledgable. We got to the site what a ride, you know you are in a third world country. The walk to the site was long but it was xstream. We did two caves everyone else did one. we kept asking are we going to make it back, no worries. The intertubes were the worst in the water. Water was low so we had to walk through the water in parts, other tours were pulled by their guides. We did all the work paddling through the caves other tours were pulled through, kept telling us xstream. I have pictures of other tours in new floats being pulled while next to them we walked on the rocks. I am trying to upload the pics.

Just wondering, did you not read up on what the company was like or used prior to booking and going on the excursion? Did you read up on the other cavetubing places out there ahead of time?

You can save yourself disappointment from doing a little bit of research on here or even on the web prior to doing any activities. Such as .bz advertises that they have new tubes and all the updated equipment (such as the LED lights on the helmets and so on).

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a wonderful time. :(

Cavetubing.com's equipment might be newer and the people are generally friendly, but their overall customer service is slipping significantly. I've used them twice and would not use them again.

yeah did all kinfs of reading. cavetubing.com should get better reviews as equipmentis newer.

We did cavetubing.com and had tubes just like you. I don't believe that other photo was cavetubing.com. It looks like they had helmets on? Cavetubing.com does not have you wear those silly helmets. I believe that is the Carnival excursion and they added the helmets after that women drowned on their excursion:confused: Anyways our guide joked when they passed us on the trail. He said anyone that had to wear helmets cavetubing don't know what they are doing lol. We also went thru 2 caves and had a guide pull us and did all the work.

We booked through shoretrips.com. They do mention, giving "new" intertubes.... What I'm wondering is what do you do with your extra stuff like a dry pair of shorts? Are there lockers you can rent?

From what I've read, you leave your items in the van that brought you there, locked up.

Archived