Suitcases on embarkation

scumbers

Hi

just wondering if anyone knows how godo princess are at getting suitcases on boardin day. Only reason i ask is because last year on Royal Caribbean we didnt get our case until 10pm so we didnt go to main dining room as couldnt wash and change clothes. Is there a max time limit that princess have as we set sail at 5pm?

Also do you have tips for first day.

cheers

Wow, that's late.

We've only done the two cruises, but neither time was our luggage that late. We arrived at the cruise port around noon and are usually onboard in less than an hour. Then we grab a bite of lunch, drop our carryons at our stateroom and do the savanger hunt tour of the ship. Our first cruise, the bags were in the room before we finished lunch. The second, they were there after we finished touring the ship, but before sail-away.

The savanger hunt is fun, I would suggest doing it, especially if this is your first time on this class of Princess ship.

Once, in 16 cruises, our bags arrived at 8:30. All other times have been before 6. It's wise to take medications and anything you might really need on board with you in a carry on. The first night has a relaxed dress policy because of some folks not getting bags in time for dinner.

That's really late! I've cruised with RCI a lot more than any other line and have never waited over 2 hours for my bags.

We don't try to board early and our bags on almost every cruise is delivered within an hour or two of embarkation. My theory (possibly flawed - who knows?) is that the earlier you board, the further to the bottom of the pile your luggage will be.

Many years ago I can remember not receiving my luggage until the evening on Princess, after boarding very early. But it has been close to 10 years since that took place. Princess seems to have streamlined the luggage delivery now. So, unless there is a problem with your luggage being held for some reason and you having to claim it, I would not worry about it arriving that late. :)

We have always had our bags in time to be able to dress for dinner, though I have heard of the odd exception. And, as mentioned above, they really seem to be getting even better about this. I think the latest we've gotten our luggage in the past few cruises was upon returning from the muster drill (shortly before sail away.)

Hi All

We travel with two bits of luggage, both are the same bright colour,

but they never arrive together, sometimes there can be a 3 hour gap most times thet are only an hour a part.

tips, take a carry on bag for what you want in the afternoon,

crossing pack so if only one bag arrives arrives on time you have stuff

for one night,

yours Shogun

I was shocked how quickly our bags arrived on our recent Crown Princess cruise. By 2pm they were in our room.
It may depend on the port. Last January, we arrived at the pier in San Pedro at 12:20pm, were checked in and in our cabins by 12:40pm, and my suitcase was delivered to my cabin at 12:55pm. That might be a record. :)

A suggestion is to "cross pack" between two bags so if one bag arrives later, the other person isn't without clothes. And, of course, never pack medications, jewelry, essentials, and valuables in your bag; put them in your carry-on.

Hi There

For us the carry on is day time stuff as we travel same day, so we are looking to shower and change into warm weather stuff.

As to evening stuff I would cross pack as we have always had one case before our evening meal

Have a great cruise

yours Shogun

My last cruise (Ruby, Feb. 2011) our suitcases arrived by 2:30. I think that is the earliest they have ever gotten to our cabin.

We always eat at late-traditional, so we have always had our bags in time. I do remember serveral times of not seeing them until 5-6.

I think it is amazing how fast they DO get them all distributed!

The best option is to travel with small suitcases & carry them on board yourself, if you can handle them. Drop them off in the room & go for lunch. By the time muster comes around you'll have everything hanging in the closet ready for the sail-a-way right after.

Always put your medication, valuables (camera, etc), toiletry bag, and if you fit it, a change of outfit in your carry-on. The cross-packing is a great idea too.

It's varied as to when we get our last piece of luggage, but always by 8, at the very latest (usually more by 4pm).

The Main Dining Room dress code is suspended sailaway evening. Late luggage deliveries is, of course, the reason.

In practice, it's seldom enforced any evening.:rolleyes:

As for "washing up", there's always soap and towels in your cabin's head.

Scrub away!:p

Archived