Bus prices to beach in Kusadasi

• 4 weeks later...

We took the dolmus (van like bus) to Ladies beach and we caught it right at the street where you come out of the port. As you come to the street with the port behind you the dolmus should come from the left and be going to the right. It didn't cost much but I think we used NTL (new Turkish Lira) that we had left over from Istanbul. I'm not sure if you can use euros. We have found that most shop owners in Kusadasi will except NTL, euros or dollars.

We took the dolmus (van like bus) to Ladies beach and we caught it right at the street where you come out of the port. As you come to the street with the port behind you the dolmus should come from the left and be going to the right. It didn't cost much but I think we used NTL (new Turkish Lira) that we had left over from Istanbul. I'm not sure if you can use euros. We have found that most shop owners in Kusadasi will except NTL, euros or dollars.

In Istanbul you need TL for the tram and certainly when we caught the Dolmus to Icmeler from Marmaris the currency was TL. It cost us 2TL for a 15 minute ride. You hand your fare to the driver as you get in - any change will get passed back to you via passengers once you sit down if the driver doesn't give it to you immediately.

I haven't done the Ladies' Beach at Kusadasi but would expect the situation to be like that in Marmaris - ie local currency (in Kusadasi, Euros are widely accepted in shops, cafes - but I'm pretty sure that will not extend to the Dolmus). We were there a few weeks ago and I spotted the Dolmus going to the Ladies Beach passing in front of the port entrance so I'm sure it will be quite easy to achieve. I wouldn't expect the fare to be much different to the one we paid in Marmaris - the Ladies Beach isn't far.

Let me give you some advice: DO NOT GO TO LADIES BEACH. We regrettably decided to go to Ladies Beach and it was the worst decision we have ever made at a port -- for a couple of reasons:

1) The beach is quite uncomfortable (very rocky) and disgusting with litter everywhere. 2) The beach is small and is very congested with ALL LOCALS who do not believe in proper hygiene 3)The locals DO NOT LIKE AMERICANS, and they heckled us to the point where we felt very uncomfortable and left.

If you are looking for a decent beach save it for another port. If you have already been to Ephesus, I suggest walking around the port Kudasi -- it is quite nice with lots of shops and restaurants.

This doesn't sound like the Ladies Beach we know and love. Granted, it can be a little crowded but we have never been hassled in fact everyone is very helpful. We normally take a taxi and it isn't expensive at all. What do you mean when you say LOCALS who do not believe in proper hygiene. Of course there will be locals there - it's their beach after all, why wouldn't they be there?

This doesn't sound like the Ladies Beach we know and love. Granted, it can be a little crowded but we have never been hassled in fact everyone is very helpful. We normally take a taxi and it isn't expensive at all. What do you mean when you say LOCALS who do not believe in proper hygiene. Of course there will be locals there - it's their beach after all, why wouldn't they be there?

What I meant was it is not a tourist beach to go to. There were only locals there who do not like Americans -- at least when we were there we had a tough time. We did not see a single person from our boat come to this beach. Maybe it was fluke, but it was not good experience. Also, the beach itself is dirty, overly-crowded, and the water is filthy.

Again, I would not recommend going here, but that is just my opinion.

half the world doesnt like americans so thats not anything new , never had problems when i have called there on a cruise ship found it fine with good restaurants any many people from the ship and dolmus very cheap

Obviously, but when we there we must of been heckled by at least three or four different people. We must of just had a bad experience. Never mind that part, the beach itself is not worth going to. In Kusadasi, there are much better things to do. There are other ports with MUCH better beaches.

It is very easy to get to though -- did not have a problem doing that. Buses are right outside the port that take you for like a euro person or something like that. I just found the beach a MAJOR disappointment. I found just walking around the port of Kusadasi a lot more enjoyable. There are way better beaches in Greece to go to. I assume the OP has already been to Ephesus because that is the best thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any other beaches in close proximity to port ? Can't remember for certain but Ladies Beach is just 5 mins the other side of Pidgeon Island - yes ?? We went there two years running on our Kusadasi cruise stops - yes done Ephesus before, but with so many other 'ruin' intensive ports we wanted a beach day.

So any other beach recomendations for this year ??

There is the town beach itself but not very good. Wouldn't recommend it as there is an immediate drop into the water with no graduated sand into the water. Not as clean as Ladies Beach and rather basic.

Archived