OMG I missed cruising this past winter and CC

So I took over a year off from these boards and cruising to get my daughters wedding done. She is now married and I booked my next cruise on Serenade in January 2012. Just wanted to tell you how long the Ohio winter was without a February cruise this year. Also was wondering if people are still debating/arguing over dress codes and smoking on these boards and tell all those I have discussed those issues with (friends and foes) I have missed you and look forward to the next 6 months of reading , agreeing and disagreeing. :D

The Ohio winter (and spring) has been long and cold. This was my first winter in Ohio for 8 years and I missed my warmer southern winters. :(

The dress code and smoking debates still go strong... No THAT much has changed. LOL

The Ohio winter (and spring) has been long and cold. This was my first winter in Ohio for 8 years and I missed my warmer southern winters. :(

The dress code and smoking debates still go strong... No THAT much has changed. LOL

Thanks April in NC I already have my first post on a dress code thread, I love it :)

Welcome back struther1...we're practically neighbors...my DH and I live in Elyria, OH and yes, this past winter has been horrible. Ours was made a little easier by a cruise on the beautiful Serenade in January and we booked a b2b for late Jan./early Feb. 2012, also on Serenade. It's the only way to survive Ohio winters sometimes!!

Welcome back struther1...we're practically neighbors...my DH and I live in Elyria, OH and yes, this past winter has been horrible. Ours was made a little easier by a cruise on the beautiful Serenade in January and we booked a b2b for late Jan./early Feb. 2012, also on Serenade. It's the only way to survive Ohio winters sometimes!!

Thanks for the welcome. I love the Serenade. :)

OK, so since we are talking about Ohio winters, how do I survive the summer and then a winter without a cruise booked???

We did the Serenade the last three Novembers (love that ship) and then did two girls only cruises in between.

Now we have nothing booked as the hubby wants to do something else this year. Not sure I can survive. Still have to log into this site daily for my "cruise fix" Maybe I will snag a weekend one sometime that is to good to pass up. As of right now we are thinking about Alaska in 2012.

Struther1, we are also almost neighbors, just an hour northwest of Dayton, welcome back

I too, am stuck in Ohio! I also sympathize about the Ohio winters and how loooonnng they are! :eek: :eek: We are booked on the Serenade 1-28-12 cruise, dcward89, we are cruising with you! Have you joined our roll call? We are thinking of going on the Adventure the week after the Serenade. :D

I too, am stuck in Ohio! I also sympathize about the Ohio winters and how loooonnng they are! :eek: :eek: We are booked on the Serenade 1-28-12 cruise, dcward89, we are cruising with you! Have you joined our roll call? We are thinking of going on the Adventure the week after the Serenade. :D

At least you have something booked!! Serenade is awesome

OK, so since we are talking about Ohio winters, how do I survive the summer and then a winter without a cruise booked???

We did the Serenade the last three Novembers (love that ship) and then did two girls only cruises in between.

Now we have nothing booked as the hubby wants to do something else this year. Not sure I can survive. Still have to log into this site daily for my "cruise fix" Maybe I will snag a weekend one sometime that is to good to pass up. As of right now we are thinking about Alaska in 2012.

Struther1, we are also almost neighbors, just an hour northwest of Dayton, welcome back

Thanks waterbug, I just can't read these boards unless I have a cruise booked :) but love reading them once I do.

Hi Hubbard Ohio originally from Struthers Ohio. Love the Serenade. :)

Another Buckeye here (Columbus) and I totally agree it was a long (and cold) winter. Spring is not being any kinder with all the rain. A booked cruise always makes you feel better. Welcome back!

Thanks Loves Dog it is good to be back and to have a cruise booked. What's a day without rain in Ohio? :)

Archived