Carnival Magic Pinx

There were no specific Carnival Magic pins given out last cruise to Past or Guests or Platinum guests, either.

The pin given out says, "Carnival Platinum" and according to John Heald's blog there will be no more ship specific pins until they've ironed out the details of the new loyalty program. He didn't promise when that will come out, though.

Disappointing as I would love to have a pin with the Magic name.:(

Sorry... thread should be titled pins, not pinx.

We keep telling them and telling them how much they mean to so many people. I just don't get why they don't get that.

To save on wasting pins on those who don't want them, all they have to do is leave a card in the room/cabin/stateroom to say "If you would like your past guest pin, ask the steward".

Really! I work with rocket scientists and this is not rocket science. Everyone would be happy: Those who want pins, those who don't (discard the card), and Carnival (save money on pins for those who want them).

I contacted Carnival through their website. They said, "buy one in the gift shop, blah, blah, blah" and I replied that:

The cheap ones in the gift shop are just obviously that: CHEAP. We want the nicely made pins that have been given out in the past to past guests and then Platinums.

I then told them that instead of paying $5 for a really cheap pin in the gift shop I would be willing to pay up to $20 for the nicely made ones we've gotten in the past.

I also told them that they could save money if they had the steward leave a card with past guests to say, "If you would like a funnel pin as a past guest, please check this box and your steward will deliver one". That way, those guests who sail on the same ship 4 times a year don't have to take what they don't want and those of us who want them can still collect them.

They emailed again to say that they will pass the information along to the (beards). Maybe if everyone contacts them they will understand that we are serious about this.

Archived