Grand Princess December 3, 2011 Roll Call: Hoping for a Grand Voyage!

guy44134

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Add 2 to your list! Rex and I are back to backing this cruise after the Pied Pipers Post Thanksgiving cruise on the Eclipse. I have been on dozens of cruises but never an all gay or gay group cruise so we both are excited to see how it plays out. The Grand Princess is a beautiful ship with a very awkward steam and sauna set up. It must not bother me too much as we have booked her again for a transatlantic in April.

Thanks for starting the thread and hopefully more will come forward.

Robert and Rex

Welcome Robert and Rex and thank you. We almost fear that we might be the only gay folks on board. We are still hoping that our good friends Keith and Mike will joins us on this fabulous voyage.

Don't look very private as the one in the Sapphire or the Caribbean. The entrance to the steam room and the sauna appears to be going out into the Lotus Pool area. Looks like we will need our Speedos.

Mike

You are right about the steam-sauna set up on the Grand Princess. Both open directly to the Lotus pool. This means if you have removed your suit after entering the steam or sauna you must tug it back on before exiting to have a shower and cool down a bit. Maybe we should all pack G strings or a thong!:eek:

Robert

I will have my Speedos on. but rather be in my birthday suite in the sauna. I like to jump in the shower to cool off before I go back into the steam. but I guess I can do that in the lotus pool. but just have to put my Speedos back on.

BTW, which deck are you guys in? We r in the Emerald.

MikeC31

What are your names? There is a shower right outside between the steam and sauna so you can rinse off if you don't want to jump into the pool. I was in the Grand's sauna once when a woman through open the door and walked in. You can imagine the look on her face when she saw a couple of naked guys sitting there. Actually there is no excuse for this as the men's and women's are clearly marked.

Our room is on the Caribe deck forward.

Robert

Hi Mike and Paul

In just three weeks from today Rex and I will be heading to Paris for the month of Sept. This will be my eighth trip but I have never been able to stay so long so on this trip we can take in the sights leisurly. This is Rex's second time and the last time he was there Napoleon was the Emperor.:eek: Just kidding. I deserve a good slap for that comment. I have been studying what museums to see with the Paris Museum Pass and yesterday Rex signed us up for two cooking classes. What obnoxious name droppers we can be when we tell our friends that we studied the French Cullinary Arts at Le Cordon Bleu. It does sound like fun and I am sure you can tell that I am stoked.

See you in Dec

Robert

Robert,

Qui Monsieur. Je suis sûr que vos deux et Rex aura beaucoup de plaisir au Cordon Bleu. Je n'ai jamais été à Paris. Prenez beaucoup de photos pour nous et vous pouvez partager avec nous en Décembre. Laissez-nous savoir quand vous êtes de retour aux États-Unis. Bon voyage.

Mike

Mike

WOW you parlez vous l'francais! I wish you were going to Paris with us as an interpreter. I only know enough French to tell them I am an American and I don't speak French. This seems to please them and then they speak English to me. Maybe we am lazy but English has become the universal language. A friend of mine was at an International Seminar in Instanbul and all speaking was done in English.

Robert

Robert,

no, I do not speak French. Just understand a few words here and there.

Have you guys reserve any Shore Exer. yet?

Was wondering if anyone has any experience on the El Yunque trip in San Juan, PR.

Mike

Well Mike you certainly could have fooled me.

I have been to these ports so many time we usually don't book many tours. For me the ship IS the cruise. In fact we will be going to the same ports the week before on Pied Piper's Eclipse. I just love cruising!

Robert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

We will be joining you on the Grand after getting off the Post Thanksgiving cruise with Pied Piper on the Eclipse. WE have to transfer from Miami to Ft Lauderdale but I love Princess so I don't mind. I expect the Grand to be a little quieter then Pied Piper group cruise. Hope to see you on board.

Robert

Hi

We will be joining you on the Grand after getting off the Post Thanksgiving cruise with Pied Piper on the Eclipse. WE have to transfer from Miami to Ft Lauderdale but I love Princess so I don't mind. I expect the Grand to be a little quieter then Pied Piper group cruise. Hope to see you on board.

Robert

Welcome aboard!

Hello Mike, Paul and Sisters

Have either of you been on Princess before? I really appreciate the way they have laundry room on each floor. I like to touch up some of my wrinkled clothing and on longer cruises I have even done a load of laundry which has lightened my suitcases. Yes I am a heavy packer! Rex on the other hand is a minimalist and I admire his packing skills.

Robert

Hello Mike, Paul and Sisters

Have either of you been on Princess before? I really appreciate the way they have laundry room on each floor. I like to touch up some of my wrinkled clothing and on longer cruises I have even done a load of laundry which has lightened my suitcases. Yes I am a heavy packer! Rex on the other hand is a minimalist and I admire his packing skills.

Robert

Hi Robert & Rex. Yes, Michael & I have been on Princess before (as well as Holland & Royal Caribbean one time each) and we are now Platinum on Princess. We like the overall package that Princess offers. I would like to try some other lines, especially some of the newer ships, but Michael wants to rack up those nights sailed on Princess.

Archived