Just returned...Tauck Budapest to Prague tour

SheilaNC

Torst (and others),

If you think it would be helpful, my blog is at BudapesttoPrague.blogspot.com. Excuse the personal 'stuff' since I do this for family and friends, but I think it provides some of the detail you are looking for. Pictures are being added but not completed yet.

I will post when my review is submitted but remember that it takes a few days to be reviewed and posted.

Sheila - Thanks for posting your blog. Could you tell me how the trip to Teresin originated -- Did Tauck offer it or is this something you planned on your own? And what did you miss as far as the organized trip from Tauck the day of your side trip? Thanks in advance.

You indicated in a previous posting that you had friends who were taking a similar AMA cruise. Have you had the opportunity to compare notes yet. How do the two cruises compare?

and doesn t sound too good,,,I have this booked for next May on new ship AMAcerto...checked out Tauck and much higher price,no regular balcony,just french,,and all excursions inc...and we prefer to do on own,,,so hate to pay for them...but may look closer next trip,,,maybe WORTH it???will be first time with AMA,,and no wondering??:confused:

Whiskers,

We arranged a private tour (12 of us wanted to go) with the tour company used by Tauck for the day after our tour of Prague's Jewish section. We were staying over an extra day so did not miss any of the Tauck included tours. Tauck Directors did not have anything to do with our planning.

• 5 months later...

Hi Shiela,

I read your blog "From Budapest to Prague" and loved it. We are booked on this year's cruise also leaving on May 10th. I read about your trip to to Terasin (pardon the spelling if wrong) when you were in Prague. How did you make the arrangements for the tour? Did Tauck assist you or the hotel? My email address is Leiter@bellsouth.net. Love to chat. Jackie

Whiskers,

We arranged a private tour (12 of us wanted to go) with the tour company used by Tauck for the day after our tour of Prague's Jewish section. We were staying over an extra day so did not miss any of the Tauck included tours. Tauck Directors did not have anything to do with our planning.

Sheila, I am going this June on Tauck but on the Bridges tour. Can you give out the info on the tour company you used for we too are staying a couple days after the end of our cruise. Second, do you think an eleven year old will like the scenery and tours and how would the crew adjust? I have read they are wonderful to the kids but I still worry. Thanks for your help and a report back.:)

Hi Grand isle joe,

This is not Host Sheila, but she and I share the same name and opinion of Tauck. Go to Tauck's website and hit on Travel Forums. There are people who have posted about the Bridge tours there. The river boat crew is wonderful! You can ask your questions there. We are about to take our second River Cruise with Tauck and look forward to returning to them after a disappointing river cruise on another line last September.

Sheila M.

Hi Grand isle joe,

This is not Host Sheila, but she and I share the same name and opinion of Tauck. Go to Tauck's website and hit on Travel Forums. There are people who have posted about the Bridge tours there. The river boat crew is wonderful! You can ask your questions there. We are about to take our second River Cruise with Tauck and look forward to returning to them after a disappointing river cruise on another line last September.

Sheila M.

Thank you Sheila M. I hope your next cruise is even better.:)

Archived