Graduation cruise turns to disappointment

I have not heard one of these stories and in while. If you're going to book either do it through a well known agency (top commercial ) or don't do it. Sad for the kids and families. You would like to see people like this get serious prison time but that will not likely happen. :mad:

How sad, but I'm made at this agency for ruining these students cruise!!!! I book with the cruiseline, and with online agencies. I have several national agencies in my neighborhood, but have never used them. The first time I booked on my own, I called the cruiseline to see if the payment had been made. I was informed that if I paid via credit card, it may take a while for the payment to post, but if I pay via debit card, the payment will post within two days, and should be made/from the cruiseline. So far, the payments have always been posted within three days, and has always show payment made to CCL or Royal.

The only travel agency I have ever booked a complete vacation with is AAA- and that was for my honeymoon to Hawaii. I didn't feel comfortable booking such an expensive/far away trip without the knowledge of an expert. They helped me find a nice, but affordable hotel, and they even got us a free room upgrade, champagne, and chocolates.

I've booked on my own for every other vacation I've taken. Many times the AAA agent cannot get me a better price than I can get on my own, so why waste my time calling them or going in to their office? I will admit that with the exception of the cruises, all the other vacations have been within the continental U.S. We are planning on going to Italy next year (no cruise) and will probably use AAA again for that. But I would personally never use a small, independent TA.

I feel sorry for these high school students. I hope the TA's E&O policy is still active so they can get their money back.

Feel terrible for these students but in the long run they might have learned a good lesson early in life to make sure the people you do business with are trustworthy.

Many years ago gave a deposit to someone to make some furniture for us and still waiting on delivery.

Since than very careful on paying for something before I get it and taught that lesson to my kids.

Hopefully this will all work out for the graduates.

Sadly there was a case like this a couple of years ago.

Yet another high school group that got conned out of their cruise money.

Unfortunately, folks have to be extra careful with their money these days.

I don't book with local TA's...but I would never make a broad statement not to book with one.

It's very sad and criminal, what happened to these kids. You can't lump all brick and mortar TA's in with this one.

It's weird, but when I book through any on line TA, I get a confirmation with a booking number and I always then see it on the cruise line's web site. I guess these people didn't know they were supposed to have a confirmation from Carnival??? :confused:

Archived