Rodeway Inns and Suites

lcyccruiser

Has anyone stayed at this hotel lately? I've read that it is totally renovated and they do have a park and cruise rate that is better than some of the hotels that I have looked at. Any input would be appreciated.

Chris

Stayed there like 2 yrs ago and hated it. It was ok for the price we paid. But their shuttle service was sooooo bad we ended up taking a cab. So dont depend on it. We even signed up early and there was like 11 of us and we all just broke into groups and called 3 cabs. The continetal breakfast place is packed in the morning and they have this creep manager that tells horrible jokes over a loud speaker and some kinda rash for young kids. BUT pool wasnt bad and room altho very old was pretty clean considering

Stayed there like 2 yrs ago and hated it. It was ok for the price we paid. But their shuttle service was sooooo bad we ended up taking a cab. So dont depend on it. We even signed up early and there was like 11 of us and we all just broke into groups and called 3 cabs. The continetal breakfast place is packed in the morning and they have this creep manager that tells horrible jokes over a loud speaker and some kinda rash for young kids. BUT pool wasnt bad and room altho very old was pretty clean considering

Thanks for the info.

• 6 months later...

Anyone stay here recently and what did they think, they have free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port and very close to the airport.

We just need a clean place to sleep and shower in the morning before going on the cruise, we get in around midnight the night before, date is Jan 28.

We stayed there in March and have booked again for next March, thought it was fine. Clean, no bugs, good beds. Easy shuttle, nice folks.

They told us exactly where to wait at the airport for their shuttle and said it would be 45 minutes, but it was less than 30 mins. BUT COMING AT MIDNIGHT, THE SHUTTLE MIGHT NOT BE RUNNING THAT LATE, CHECK WITH THE HOTEL BEFORE YOU BOOK IT, YOU MAY HAVE TO TAXI - $15 or so from the airport.

The driver took us to the shopping center after dinner so I could buy wine and other items and he came back to pick us up as arrranged, cost $2 I think, plus i gave him a nice tip - saved a bundle on wine.

We walked across the highway to a lovely restaurant on the marina for dinner - great grouper; had breakfast at the hotel which was better than average with eggs and waffles, or you can eat a full breakfast in the Sports Bar adjacent tot he hotel, $6pp.

Didn't try the pool. WiFi worked fine, so did all the TV channels and the AC. No complaints.

They are very organized for cruiseport shuttles in the morning; they have 3 vans and "suggest" $3 tip pp. You are asked to sign up the evening before in their scheduling book for your ship so they know how many are going to each pier. Be early because they send the shuttles out promptly. Izzy, the manager, is a bit of a character but I think he runs the system pretty well. To each their own.

Read the reviews on TripAdvisor. Some folks really like the place, others do not. m--

Thanks Maureen that makes me feel better. We are traveling with 2 other couples and it was a group decision to book this hotel as we were having so much trouble trying to find a reasonably priced room for less than 8 hours that we will be there. There is no sense in spending 160 to 200 for a room just to sleep in, I could see if we were staying for a few days or longer time.

I had spent hours and hours trying to find something so finally I had enough and we just went for it!

Thanks for the heads up on the timing of our arrival, I checked their website and the shuttle only runs until 10:30 pm so we will take a cab which is not a problem as i think the hotel is really close to the airport.

I read the reviews and as you say they are kind of mixed but I will give my own review on CC when I get back to give cruisers a more recent review.

As long as the bed is clean we will be fine!!

Funsuner, i know how you feel about trying to get info after the fact and some of it isn't encouraging. A LOT of cruisers use this hotel and survive just fine. Consider if you will be able to get all your group and luggage into a cab, although it isn't far, maybe 10 minutes, 15 max. Breakfast may be busy in the morning, check the Port Everglades website to see how many ships iwll be in. The hotel is usually pretty full; as I said, a LOT of cruisers use it.

Hope it all works out for you. m--

Has anyone stayed at this hotel lately? I've read that it is totally renovated and they do have a park and cruise rate that is better than some of the hotels that I have looked at. Any input would be appreciated.

Chris

Stayed there the Saturday after Thanksgiving prior to a cruise. It's not the best hotel in the world, but it's clean, courteous staff... And at $99 total for one night including room, parking, r/t shuttle and breakfast... it's a bargain! I booked through stay123.com.

Its right next door to Red Carpet and people I am sure use the restaurants of both hotels, since nothing else is in the area. Red Carpet also has free airport and cruise shuttle, but for less monty. Red Carpet is bigger, bigger pool, but similar otherwise. No free breakfast at Red Carpet.

• 2 months later...

As promised I am reviewing the Rodeway hotel after staying there on Jan 28th.

As others have mentioned it was clean, the breakfast was adequate and it was close to the airport and had a shuttle and the people working there were nice.

It is definitely an older building, we only stayed there for less than 8 hours as our flight came in after midnight and we left the room at 8 AM.

There are lots of cruisers staying there and they have a good system of getting everyone out in the morning.

I would not stay there for more than one night precruise as there is not much to do around the area and not a place you would want to hang around in but an okay place for one night.

We had drinks at the sports bar that were really good the grill was closed by the time we got there.

Archived