Travel Insurance question

Hello, I have booked a cruise for next year on Celebrity thru Costco Travel and they offer BerkelyCare as the travel insurance to purchase. Has anyone had experience with this company are they good or what recommendations do you have instead of booking the travel insurance thru Costco.

Thanks for your input.

Mark

First, we are not allowed to mention or name travel agents, so email the board moderator and ask to have your post edited. :)

As to your question, Berkley Care handles the insurance for most of the cruise line issued policies. But they can vary in coverage, so it depends on which exact policy you are looking at. If it covers the things you need covered, they are a reliable company. You can compare coverages and costs at several insurance sites. I like to use tripinsurancestore.com as they have a lot of explanatory pages to help explain what coverage is and is not.

Is the BerkelyCare policy offered by Costco or Celebrity? (BerkelyCare handles the protection plans offered by most cruise lines.) If it's offered by Celebrity, you can probably get a better policy for less money elsewhere. If it's offered by CostCo, you'll just have to read and compare policies.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I have booked a cruise for next year on Celebrity thru Costco Travel and they offer BerkelyCare as the travel insurance to purchase. Has anyone had experience with this company are they good or what recommendations do you have instead of booking the travel insurance thru Costco.

Thanks for your input.

Mark

Yaa I think this is a good company...............

• 4 weeks later...

Go to insuremytrip.com. You will see different plans with different companies to compare. After 2 weeks of going crazy over insurance, I found a plan that I can honesly say was a good deal and with the pre-existing waiver. I cancelled my insurance with the cruise line after checking insuremy trip.com. AMEN to me :).

Archived