Shopping help

Will be going on the Eastern Carribean cruise this August. We will be stopping at St. Thomas and St. Maartan. My DW would like to exchange a diamond ring for an tanzanite or other stone ring. Which Island is better for this and what stores have people had good experiences with. Thanks for the help.

Have had great success in both St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

In St. Thomas we go to Imperial Jewelers. They are very friendly and I have exchanged/up graded my diamond earrings and was very pleased. For our 25th anniversary DH had bought me a very beautiful 3 stone necklace. Very good price and nice quality stones. Last time in St. Thomas DH purchased a blue and white diamond bracelet.

In St. Maarten I would go to Kay's. They have a store in Aruba and DH had purchased for our 30th anniversary a blue diamond necklace and ring. Very good price. Would think you should get the same service and quality in St. Maarten.

Happy shopping:D

I have always found St Maarten the best for jewellry shopping . . we go to Caribbean Gems or Joe's Jewellry or Kays. I cracked a sapphire on one of my rings and brought it with me to have Joe's replace the stone. They gave me a whole new ring!! N/C. We still get Xmas cards from these guys every year (that thought scares DH!;))

Just a little more on Kay's in St Maarten. The service was fantastic. They kept our champagne glasses full and were very attentive. My wife had a diamond ring that she had gotten several years ago stateside, she mentioned that she was needing to get it inspected and sized when we got home. Our sales clerk said they would do it right then, for free. They even let her sit with the jeweler while he did it in their upstairs shop.

We got some great prices on several pieces that we bought, and they threw in a free watch for me. We still get Christmas cards from them every year.

Archived