Space Bags And Wrinkles. Vote Now!

bevo

Would use space bags again for clothes?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would use space bags again for clothes?

• I have used space bags and the clothes were not wrinkled any more than with regular packing.
    • My clothes wrinkled terribly and I will never use them again.

What is your experience with Space Bags? I bought some at Wal Mart (American Tourister 4/pack/$18.00).

I have packed my clothes in them (mainly bathing suits, shorts and tops) and the clothes sure do LOOK wrinkled in there! I followed the directions and the surely do decrease the amt. of room needed, I am just scared I am going to have a bunch of very wrinkled clothes. I do have Downy Wrinkle Release packed,too, but don't want to have to "hand press" every thing in our suitcases! If enough of you tell me that the stuff is going to be badly wrinkled, I will unpack and repack not using the space bags. My fingers are crossed that you tell me you had a good experience! I am sure they would be great for blankets,pillows,etc...just not sure what my clothes are going to look like on Sunday when I unpack!

Vote now if you HAVE USED space bags.

1. Clothes wrinkled terribly. Do not recommend them.

2. Clothes wrinkled no more than regular packing. Recommend them.

Comments?????????

I DO use them, but not for my dress shirts, dress pants, suit, etc. Those I keep on hangers in my garment bag.

Everything else goes in those bags, and I squeeze the #$^*! heck out of them!!

It does help - keeps things organized, takes up less space, during and after the cruise, the 'worn' items go back in.

And if the inevitable happens, bag rip or opens somewhere in public, well... your unmentionables don't scatter all over the place.

We bought some of the special large ones just for this purpose, but also some of the really large freezer bags too.

Sorry for the 2 similar threads. Couldn't see where the first post "posted" so I assumed it vanished into neverland. Wrote another one, and POOF...there it is! I'm sorry for the confusion.

Deja vu' all over again, eh? *waves*

I use them and they work fine. Cottons tend to wrinkle more than the poly's do. The biggest thing I have with them, if you are not careful, they tear and then reinflate themselves. But I solved that with duct tape!

We use them to bring our dirty clothes home in. We pack empty ones in the bottom of our luggage and just throw dirty clothes into the bags during the week and then squish them to come home, already separated for the laundry by underwear and socks, t'shirts etc. and we don't bother with pants. Dirty clothes don't mingle with clean, and we have plenty of room to pack our vacation purchases.

We would be SOL if we tried to use them both ways, never mind the wrinkles. We would never be able to make the weight limit for the airline! :)

The poll was incomplete. I would have voted that your clothes will get wrinkled, but I use them for items that I'm not concerned about wrinkles. I pack underwear, pajamas, bathing suits, socks etc...in the space bags. My clothes are more carefully folded and packed in packing envelopes or the garment bag for formal stuff. The ziploc bags are nice for the return trip for wet or real dirty stuff. Hopefully, everything is dirty and I didn't overpack.

We use large zip lock bags 2.5 gallon and also the smaller ones. Much less expensive. Work great. Never pack without them. Makes unpacking on the ship a snap.

Tim & Crystal

We (well I do the packing) do the same. I put EVERYTHING in the bags.

I iron all our clothes (my dh, and 2 kids) and put them in the bags. I have never had a problem with any wrinkles and I can tell you, I am very fussy regarding clothes/wrinkles.

Enjoy your cruise :)

We use large zip lock bags 2.5 gallon and also the smaller ones. Much less expensive. Work great. Never pack without them. Makes unpacking on the ship a snap.

Tim & Crystal

Where can you get 2.5 gallon bags? I've never seen them.

Angela

Try Target, Walmart or similar store. I found them in a local grocery store. I also iron everything and fold the item with tissue paper inside it. I did not have to send anything out to be ironed. Be aware that you can put much more in a suitcase and may over pack and exceed the airline weight limit.

We used them last November and they were great. We too didn't use them for our formal wear, but most everything else went in them. It made unpacking a snap.

We found some of them at dollar stores--our Walmart doesn't carry them.

Well, we leave in just an hour!!!! All this planning and POOF! its here! Anyway-thanks for taking the time to vote and comment. I have decided to go ahead and try them. Like the above poster, my formal wear is in a hangup bag, but I did put the kids tops and shorts and undies and swimsuits in them, and the same for me. I will give my opinion when I get back...if anyone wants to hear it! ;)

Try Target, Walmart or similar store. I found them in a local grocery store. I also iron everything and fold the item with tissue paper inside it. I did not have to send anything out to be ironed. Be aware that you can put much more in a suitcase and may over pack and exceed the airline weight limit.

Just stand on ye olde bathroom scale and then again with your bag. Mine weighed in at 50 pounds on the bathroom scales and 51 at the airport. We didn't have this luxury on the ship and had to shift clothes curbside to get under the weight. This is where the lil' packing bags were well worth the money. Just pull a couple out of the offending case and put them in the bottome of the garment bags and we were off and running (almost literally, we over slept :o and were about 45 min behind schedule.)

They weren't much trouble at all. You can lay the bags out, presort your clothes (undies, casuals, swim, shorts ect)place them in the bags, zip em up, squish the air out (my bride sits on em, does a swell job), toss em in the suit case!

Here's a tip i picked up a few years ago and it works really great!!!

Those cheesy plastic bags your clothes are in after picking them up at the drycleaners..work fantastic..just leave clothes in them and put them on top after other stuff is packed..WALA impossible to wrinkle your good stuff i,e suits formals, dress shirts etc..Virtually amazing!!

I was so impressed that I didn't have to press!!!:D

Archived