Stonehole Beach excursion

deecruzer

Has anyone ever done the excursion to Stonehole Beach? It is $69 per person and includes the transportation, beach chairs, umbrella and water. It allows for about 2 and 1/2 hours at the beach. I really do not want to do the public bus or deal with a cab and we always rent chairs and umbrellas anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone ever done the excursion to Stonehole Beach? It is $69 per person and includes the transportation, beach chairs, umbrella and water. It allows for about 2 and 1/2 hours at the beach. I really do not want to do the public bus or deal with a cab and we always rent chairs and umbrellas anyway.

We had tablemates who did a lot of excursions on this cruise. They did the Stonehole Bay trip and they said it was a really good one.

At the same time, DW and I and 2 DD's took a cab from Dockyard for $27 each way to Horseshoe Bay plus renting the umbrellas and chairs for $40 so you can do the math. Whatever floats your boat (no pun intended)

Enjoy your cruise.

We were at Stonehole Wednesday when the excursion came.

The beach is beautiful but I cannot understand anyone paying $69 per person. We bought a book of 15 bus tickets for $20. It cost us about 2.66 per person roundtrip. They did have chairs and unbrellas and gave out a bottle of water, but seemed way way overpriced to me.

In addition, when the shore excurson came, about 60 people were paart of it. Before their arrival and the next day, there were about 10 people on the beach.The chairs were packed in the way they are on the decks of the cruise ship---no personal space. They actually use chairs you sit in as opposed to chaises you lay on.

I would suggest going on the bus and avoiding the time the excursion is there.

It is a very nice beach.

Would you say the excursion train let's you off closer than the regular #7 bus so that there is less walking?

I do not know where the excursion lets you off but it is possible there is less walking. The bus lets you off very close (maybe 50-70 feet) to the entrance to Warwick/Jobsons Cove. You walk down a hill a minute or two and there is a parking lot. You walk another couple minutes across the sand and you are at Stonehole. If the train drops you off at the top, the bus is about the same. If it brings you to the parking lot, you have saved a couple minutes.

I would do the 7 bus because you can come and go as you please and it costs way less. Bermuda's transportation is much cleaner and safer than about anywhere I have been.

Archived