Last minute deals?

campclan

We have always taken advantage of the early saver rates when booking, but my husband and I are itching for a last minute short cruise just to get a breath of fresh air (after moving 2 times in the last 9 months with 4 kids!)

Are there any really good deals for last minute travels if they have room? Any tips?

This time of year, when summer is right around the corner, what a good deal off season, will seem high this time of year.

Start looking at the tues deals on RCL and celebrity and pack n gos on wednesday for carnival and getting a idea what port you want to leave from and all that.

We are doing a 7 day in Sept, so we are just looking at the 3/4 day from out of Galveston to just Cozumel.. but you are right- the 3-4 day rates are as much if not a bit higher for our 7 day right now which is totally understandable it being in peak season! I was hoping there would be something available cheap last minute, versus them losing that empty room (if one is available).

I'll try to look at the deals you posted if I can figure out where they are. Thank you!

There are few ships in the Caribbean this summer, so it's supply and demand. With fewer ships, the prices are going to be higher. Funny thing is, cruise lines thought they were being smart by putting all their ships in Europe, but with the economies of so many countries in trouble, and airfares from the US insanely high, cruise lines are having major problems filling their ships.

That's what I thought I heard as well. I wonder if its worth driving to Galveston on embarkation day and seeing?

Anyone have experience with this?

Years ago it worked, now ships have to provide a passenger list to border control agencies etc several days before sailing, so it doesn't work any more.

I have found great rates for some sailings a week before sailing if they have been for some reason deeply unpopular, but otherwise I start looking 60 days out after final payment has been demanded of passengers, there have been many cancellations and the cruiseline computer has decided that they must have a firesale.

SO they go down, then when enough have been sold, maybe not all, the prices go up again, and the last few cabins go at higher prices to folk who the crusieline know will generate a little demand and are not price conscious.

That how it seems to work AFAIK.

Years ago it worked, now ships have to provide a passenger list to border control agencies etc several days before sailing, so it doesn't work any more..

the last manifest doesnt go in until 60 minutes before sailing, but you do have to call to book the day of the cruise and it takes at least an hour to get everything finalized, so you need to live close to the port.

There is a persistent rumor that is constantly repeated on CC about having to turn in the manifest days ahead, not true. I have booked the day of a cruise as proof its not true.

OP, sometimes the pack n go doesnt appear the week of a holiday... but here is a link. (notice the date is from last week, so these are no longer valid, but give you a idea of offers)

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx

Archived