will it be really hot July 3 to July 10 Western Caribbean?

Sunscreen....YES!!! Always in the Caribbean and we live in south Florida and have a year round base. I sailed the end of June western years ago and eastern more recently, plus a land trip to Mexico in July and HOT it was!!!

The inside areas of the ship are air conditioned so you will not be hot in a suit while eating.

Sunscreen....YES!!! Always in the Caribbean and we live in south Florida and have a year round base. I sailed the end of June western years ago and eastern more recently, plus a land trip to Mexico in July and HOT it was!!!

The inside areas of the ship are air conditioned so you will not be hot in a suit while eating.

LOLOLOL.....sorry....I have to laugh here....just looked at the forecast for Nassau next week and the heat index is 106:eek:....YES....bring the strongest sunscreen available and YES it will be hot as hell.

:( i hate sunscreen! after wearing sunscreeen, my skin can't breathe! feel more hot!! :( :(

can i just use an umbrella instead?

:( i hate sunscreen! after wearing sunscreeen, my skin can't breathe! feel more hot!! :( :(

can i just use an umbrella instead?

If you use an umbrella all over (top and all sides full length).

Yes it will be very, very hot. If you think of the earth as a big ball and the equator as the line around the ball at the center point. Now the earth rotates around the sun. That means that the center line is always the closest point to the sun. The sun heats the earth. Half of the year, one side of the earth is closer to the sun (that is the summer months for that half of the earth). The other half of the year the opposite side is closer to the sun. Okay, now look at a calendar and a map. You will be in the Caribbean which is very close to the equator at a time that is the high point of the summer. The sun is hotter and the need for sun screen becomes even more important as it will not take as much sunlight to burn as it would in Kansas.

Suggest you change your cruise, stay inside, or get use to sun screen.

If you use an umbrella all over (top and all sides full length).

Yes it will be very, very hot. If you think of the earth as a big ball and the equator as the line around the ball at the center point. Now the earth rotates around the sun. That means that the center line is always the closest point to the sun. The sun heats the earth. Half of the year, one side of the earth is closer to the sun (that is the summer months for that half of the earth). The other half of the year the opposite side is closer to the sun. Okay, now look at a calendar and a map. You will be in the Caribbean which is very close to the equator at a time that is the high point of the summer. The sun is hotter and the need for sun screen becomes even more important as it will not take as much sunlight to burn as it would in Kansas.

Suggest you change your cruise, stay inside, or get use to sun screen.

thanks.

if it will be very, very hot, then is it possible for anyone to do any land excursion?

and which brand/type of sunscreen do you recommend?

We just got off the Allure and it is already hot! If you are just walking around try a thin white linen long sleeve shirt and a white cotton floppy hat. I also wear the long sleeve shirt walking on the beech. I also have a long whitesleeve rash guard(think surfers) when in the water from Lands End. I though still wear a 50 sunscreen. Don't forget your feet!

do we really need sunscreen? is it going to be hot in a suit at formal night?

and which of the three ports(falmouth, cozumel, labadee) is the best place for snorkling?

thanks.

It depends on what you definition of "really hot" is. That said, the Caribbean is usually in the low 80s in the winter and the high 80s in the summer.

The sun will be directly overhead. You'll need sunscreen for your sunscreen.

Personally I would find it hot in a suit if the temperature was over 67, let alone in the 80s.

I haven't been to Falmouth, but I have been to Ocho Rios and of the three ports you mention, Cozumel has the best snorkeling.

thanks.

if it will be very, very hot, then is it possible for anyone to do any land excursion?

and which brand/type of sunscreen do you recommend?

Of course it it possible to do land excursions. People live on the islands and they survive. Just don't over do it. It is not the temperature that will get you, it is the humidity.

It depends on what you definition of "really hot" is. That said, the Caribbean is usually in the low 80s in the winter and the high 80s in the summer.

The sun will be directly overhead. You'll need sunscreen for your sunscreen.

which brand/type of sunscreen do you recommend?

Personally I would find it hot in a suit if the temperature was over 67, let alone in the 80s.

even inside the ship with air conditioning?

Cozumel has the best snorkeling.

we will be at nachi cocom in cozumel, is there a good place for snorkeling there ?

which brand/type of sunscreen do you recommend?
I'm not going to recommend a brand. In fact what I do is wear clothing. I have several fine mesh nylon shirts, so with long sleeves that I wear while in the water. Since the shirts are nylon they do not absorb water. And the shirts don't wash off in water or sweat.

even inside the ship with air conditioning?
Of course it will not be in the 80s inside the ship. Still I would be comfortable in a shirt if the temperature was 65. In fact I keep my cabin as cold as possible. So yes, for me it is still too warm inside the ship for a jacket.

we will be at nachi cocom in cozumel, is there a good place for snorkeling there ?
Cozumel is known for its snorkeling. So is Grand Cayman and Belize. The best places for snorkeling? I don't know. I've been to Cozumel three times and went snorkeling once. I don't know which beach it was because I was on a ship sponsored tour that my sister picked out.

OP google sunscreen report.

Consumers Report just released a report recently.

The top brands were the house brands at Target and WalMart.

There was a lot of good advice in the report, too.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want to go to the Carribean in the summer, but I Love New York in the summer.

I also agree with the poster who said he would be hot in a suit if it was 67. My first cruise was in October last year. I was warm in my sport jacket-indoors. Smooth sailing!:D

We live in South Florida and are used to the heat and humidity and still find it extremely hot that time of year! :cool:

Sunscreen - NO QUESTION you will need it and get 50 at that - no less! We have a boat ourselves so are out a lot and use many different brands. However, we have found that the Banana Boat 50 in adult and kids in the tubes covers very well (it is thick and a little goes a long way) and stays on for extended periods of time as well as in and out of the water. ;)

Suits are hot anyway, but if you have a later dinner, it's not so bad. Plus it's all air conditioned inside and there's usually a breeze on deck, so good for cooling, but not so good for hair-do's sometimes! LOL :p

OP google sunscreen report.

Consumers Report just released a report recently.

The top brands were the house brands at Target and WalMart.

There was a lot of good advice in the report, too.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want to go to the Carribean in the summer, but I Love New York in the summer.

I also agree with the poster who said he would be hot in a suit if it was 67. My first cruise was in October last year. I was warm in my sport jacket-indoors. Smooth sailing!:D

The island breezes keep things in check for the most part. Mexico however, will certainly be hotter than hell. I haven't noticed all that much of a difference in Caribbean temps in the Summer vs Winter, they may fluctuate a few degrees but the sun is a lot stronger in the Summer. If that makes sense....

I'd snorkel in Cozumel, and as everyone said it's going to be hot. I still have never in my life been hotter than when I was in Cozumel. To me, it's considerabely hotter there than everywhere else - no breeze, would be a good day to spend in the water!

Stay hydrated and wear sunscreen.

It would be interesting to see what the inside room temperature is on the ships. 67 is a pretty average inside room temp... maybe they go down to 64? I dunno... interesting though.

Archived